Carrot Raita is very quick to make and goes very well with parathas,rotis or even biryani.I often get stuck up with what to make as side dish for parathas and now these quick raita recipes
comes to my rescue.
I remember having this all through my childhood days, this and beetroot raita
are often made at home.Carrot Raita also called as Gajar ka raitaFresh carrot is such a healthy and delicious raita recipe made with carrot and curd(yogurt) as main ingredients.
Carrot Raita Recipe - Ingredients
Preparation Time : 5 mins | Cooking Time : 10 mins | Serves : 2
Chilled Curd / Yogurt - 1 cup
Carrot grated - 3/4 cup
Coriander leaves - 1 tbsp finely chopped
Chat Masala powder - 1/4 tsp(optional)
Salt - to taste
Recipe Category: Side dish | Recipe Cuisine: South Indian
To temper:Oil - 1.5 tsp
Mustard seeds - 1 tsp
Urad Dal - 1/2 tsp
Jeera - 1/2 tsp
Green Chillies - 1 chopped
Hing - a small pinch
- Rinse carrots, peel off the skin and grate them using a grater,Set aside.Heat oil in a tempering pan - add the items listed under 'to temper' let is crackle,Set aside.Beat well along with required salt.
- Then add carrot,tempering along with chat masala powder. Give a quick mix.Garnish with coriander leaves.
Serve chilled along with parathas / any variety rice of your choice.
- I used jeera for tempering so used chat masala powder.But you can replace chat masala powder with roasted jeera powder.
- You can even use 1:1 ratio for curd:carrots or as per you wish.
- Make sure to beat the curd well before mixing.
- You can even saute the carrots for a while and then add but I prefer raw carrots.
Labels: raita recipes, Raitas, Veggies