Peanut Rice(Kadalai Sadam) - A easy and quick to make variety rice perfect to pack for lunchbox.Trying out new variety rice has become a routine these days. I had bookmarked this peanut rice recipe long back from a cookbook and suddenly remembered and made it last week.It turned out to be a great one pot rice.You can serve it with any vadams
/ papads as sidedish.
Peanut Rice Recipe - Ingredients
Preparation Time : 5 mins | Cooking Time : 25 mins | Serves : 1
Leftover Rice - 3/4 cup
Gingelly Oil - 1 tsp
Roasted Peanuts - 1/4 Cup
White Sesame seeds - 1 tbsp
Red chillies - 2
Grated dry coconut - 2 tablespoon
Urad Dal - 1 tsp
Recipe Category: Rice | Recipe Cuisine: South Indian
Oil - 1 tsp
Mustard Seeds - 1/2 tsp
Curry Leaves - a sprig
Raw Peanuts - 1 tbsp
- Dry roast all the ingredients(1st table) except rice till golden brown along with required salt.Cool down and transfer it to a mixer.Grind it to a coarse powder.
- Heat oil - add the items listed under 'to temper' let it splutter.Then in a mixing bowl add rice, peanut powder and tempered items.Mix well.Check for salt and adjust accordingly.
Serve the rice hot with papads / chips!
- You can make the spice powder a day ahead and just mix it the next day to pack for lunch.
- While grinding just pulse and grind else the spice powder will become sticky.
- Adding a tsp of gingelly oil(nalennai) while mixing rice keeps the rice moist.
Labels: Rice Varieties, variety rice