I make Corn Pualo often atleast once a week for mittu alone as she loves sweet corn and this pulao is her favorite.Mittu loves any white pulao like veg pulao
etc....You can even add methi,peas along with corn for this pulao.You can check out peas corn pulao
that I had already posted.
I have had sweet corn pulao in a buffet once in a hotel here in CBE....but mittu said I love ammas pulao more....and was hesitant to have it..Though I was a proud mother it was a pain to convince her to eat as that was the only dish of her kind in the whole buffet menu of 25 items.....see how fuzzy she is...just like her mother haha. Yes I was a very poor eater during my childhood days and sadly she has taken after me :(
Trust me I never admit myself as a good cook even when people say so seeing this space and tasting my preparations......but even the smallest appreciation from mittu makes me fly high and makes myself **beam with pride**......:)
Through the days I have adjusted corn pulao recipe to my taste and I have been hooked onto this one for a while now as its my family favourite...! It is perfect to pack for lunch box too so what are you waiting for make this easy, quick and tasty pulao and get ready for appreciations :)
Sweet Corn Pulao Recipe - Ingredients
Preparation Time : 20 mins | Cooking Time : 20 mins | Serves : 2
Basmati Rice - 1 cup
Sweet Corn Kernels - 1/2 cup(I used frozen)
Whole Pepper - 1 tsp
Cardamom - 1 whole
Big Onion - 1 finely chopped
Ginger Garlic paste - 1.5 tsp
Mint Leaves - 10
Water - 1.5 cups
Salt - to taste
Recipe Category: Lunch | Recipe Cuisine: Indian
To Temper : Oil - 1 tbsp
Ghee - 1 tbsp + 1 tsp
Cinnamon - 1/4 inch piece
Cloves - 2
Cardamom - 1 small
Green Chillies - 1
- Rinse basmati rice and soak it in water for atleast 15-20mins.Grind pepper and elachi to a coarse powder....I used my hand mortar and pestle,Set aside.In a pressure cooker heat oil + ghee - temper the items listed under 'to temper' let it splutter then add pepper powder.
- Once it bubbles up and crackles add ginger garlic paste saute till slightly browned then add onion and saute till golden brown.Then add mint leaves give a quick saute then add corn and required salt.Give a quick stir.
- Drain water from soaked basmati rice and add it.Mix well and add water and pressure cook in medium low flame for 3 whistles.Once the pressure releases open, add a tsp of ghee and give a quick mix.Fluff it up with a fork.
Serve hot with any of your fav curry.We had it with gobi curry
- Make sure you soak the rice for atleast 15mins....it will give nice fluffy, soft separated rice perfect for pulao / fried rice too.
- Adding mint leaves gives a great flavour.
- You can even add 2 tsp cashew paste for a rich pulao.
- Dont compromise on ghee and oil here else rice would turn sticky.
- I used frozen corn,you can use fresh corn kernels too.
- I always grind pepper elachi powder in bulk and use it whenever needed that way it saves time too.
- I use India Gate basmati rice...have tried all varieties in it and currently sticking to Tibar.
- Cook in medium low flame to avoid burning at the bottom.
- You can even temper the items using butter.
- Just fluff it up carefully with a fork after opening without breaking the rice.
Labels: Easy Lunch Menu, kids lunchbox recipes, Kids Recipes, pulao recipes, Rice Varieties