Pudina Chutney(Mint Chutney) is a very flavourful chutney recipe made with mint leaves. Amma makes another version with coconut which I am planning to post soon.This mint chutney is a no coconut version with onion and tomato.I served it with roast dosa
and idli podi.
Pudina Chutney Recipe - Ingredients
Preparation Time : 5 mins | Cooking Time : 10 mins | Serves : 2
Mint Leaves(Pudina) - 2 cups tightly packed
Big Onion - 1 small sized chopped finely
Turmeric powder - 1/4 tsp
Tamarind - 1/2 tsp
Tomato - 1 small sized chopped roughly
Urad Dal - 1 tbsp
Red Chillies - 2
Salt - to taste
Oil - 2 tsp
Recipe Category: Sidedish | Recipe Cuisine: South Indian
To temper:Oil - 2 tsp
Mustard Seeds - 1/2 tsp
Curry leaves - a small sprig
- In a kadai heat oil - add urad dal and fry till golden brown then add red chillies and fry for a minute.Then add onion and saute till slightly browned.Then add tomato and turmeric powder.Saute till raw smell of tomato leaves.
- Then add mint leaves saute for a minute until it shrinks then add tamarind , give a quick mix and switch off.Cool down and transfer the ingredients to a mixer.
- Grind to a semi fine paste along with little water.Heat oil in a tempering pan add miustard seeds adn curry leaves let it splutter.Transfer the tadka to the chutney.
Serve with hot idlis or crispy roast dosa.
- Dont grind it too smooth, just grind it little coarse.
- Adding tamarind gives a nice tangy taste which compliments well with mint flavour.
- You can skip tomato if you wish to.
Labels: Chutneys, Dips and Chutneys