I am just back from the trip to Chennai and I am finding it really hard to get back to routine... this is the main setback with trips and vacations....And to add on, kids are practicing for new year celebration in our apartment and am totally into it....Everytime I hear the beats downstairs, me and mittu rush to watch the kids rehearse for the song....:))
Now lets get into our routine....This is a simple north indian lunch box menu that I clicked before leaving to Chennai...The menu has phulka, dal tadka, gobi sabzi and plain rice - one of my favorite lunch menus.
Note : I use Tupperware/Plastic containers just for pic sake as its colorful, but I am planning to pack for mittu only in stainless steel containers as I feel its more safe.
Kids Lunch Box Menu3 - Phulka, Dal, Gobi Curry and Plain Rice
Preparation Time : 15 mins | Cooking Time : 30 mins
Recipe Category: Lunch | Recipe Cuisine: South Indian
Click the links below to get the full recipe with stepwise pictures
Here is the lunch box menu for today:
- You can make chapathi/phulka dough the before night and store in a tupperware box to avoid color changing of the dough.Also the more resting time of the dough the more softer phulkas ou will get.
- I usually store remaining chapathi dough in tupperware container and refrigerate it. And bring it to room temperature before rolling them into phulkas.
- Remove the stem, chop cauliflower into bite sized pieces and store in a clean container before day itself.
- Slightly grease phulka with ghee.
- Make sure dal is little runny while packing as dal thickens with time.
Labels: Easy Lunch Menu, Kids Corner, kids lunchbox recipes, Kids Lunchbox Series, Kids Recipes, Lunchbox Recipes