Sprouts Sandwich - Yes I am trying to include sprouts as a part of my breakfast diet and I am trying new ways and interesting recipes for it.This sprouts sandwich is one easy sandwich you can make in a jiffy when you have sprouts in hand.These days I make a cup of sprouts, refrigerate it and use it...sometimes I add it in sambar, make dal for roti, or sundal or attimes eat it as such with salt and pepper....Mostly I sprout green gram as its easy and gets done within a day.My next choice of sprout will be channa / peas.
The quality of the protein in the beans, nuts, seeds, or grains improves and gets doubled when it is sprouted so make a habit of including sprouts to your diet.
Sprouts Sandwich Recipe - Ingredients
Preparation Time : 5 mins | Cooking Time : 10 mins | Makes : 2 sandwiches
Bread - 4 slices
Green Gram Sprouts - 1/4 cup heaped
Boiled Potato - 1 small sized
Pepper powder - 1/2 tsp
Chat Masala powder - 1/4 tsp
Lemon Juice - 1/2 tsp
Onion,Cucumber and Tomato Slices - as needed
Butter / Ghee - as required to toast
Salt - to taste
Recipe Category: Breakfast | Recipe Cuisine: World
- Make the sprouts ready. Boil little water and add the sprouts to it with little salt.Cook until it is soft.Pressure cook potatoes for 3-4 whistles and mash it up.
- Add cooked sprouts to it and give a quick mix.Add pepper powder,chat masala powder and lemon juice.
- Give a quick mix.Take once slice of bread and spoon the sprouts mixture and add it to the bread. Then arrange tomatoes,onion and cucumber over the spread and close it with the other bread.Press it gently.
- Apple ghee / butter on the bread and toast it in sandwich maker or in dosa tawa as per your liking.
Serve hot with tomato ketchup....yummm!!
- You can add veggies of your preference .You can even apply green chutney.
- You can even ad raw sprouts to your sandwich , it is your preference to eat.
- If you dont have a sandwich maker then toast it in a dosa tawa but make sure you seal the edges or close the sandwich with butter or cheese so that it sticks well and does not open up.In sandwich maker it seals the edges so I didnt add anything extra.You can even grill the sandwiches.
- You can add cheese slice or apply hummus too.
- I used white bread, you can use wheat or multigrain bread too.
- The veggies get halfcooked in the sandwich maker itself which will be missing when you toast them in the tawa.But anyways these veggies taste great in raw form too so dont worry :)
The sandwiches are crispier at the ends and crunchy in every bite...yum!! Make it for your kids with a cheese slice and am sure they will not complain.
Labels: Bread based, Breakfast Ideas, Other Breakfast Recipes, sandwich recipes