Last month I received a mail from aloft Group of Hotels asking for a hotel review.The mail also included a note that this opportunity is given only for a single blogger in the city and I am happy to have been chosen :) And its been a while since I posted any restaurant reviews so accepted the offer, sure a break for me and you readers too from the usual recipe post :)
They had invited me for lunch and after few mail conversations the date was fixed. I was kind of happy at the same time a bit nervous as this is the first time I am invited for a hotel review. All this while I was doing a casual restaurant review
on my travel
and dining with my family...and this is my first professional approach. We(me and hubby) reached the hotel at 1PM...We met the GM and he introduced Mr.Saurabh who hosted us. While he was touring us and explaining, I was busy clicking pictures.It was a great experience clicking around the hotel property , the only challenging task was to click pictures indoors...I wanted to click few night shots too so dropped in again to click them...Hope I have done justice..Now am waiting to hear from you :) Come on lets get on to have a virtual tour of aloft Hotels,Coimbatore.
As the pictures are many, I am posting the hotel review first...the restaurant review will be coming by next week :)
aloft Coimbatore Singanallur is so simple to find! Conveniently located 5km from the airport on the Kamaraj Road, Near Tidel Park Corporate offices galore, shopping and more are all close by.
Hotel Address: aloft Coimbatore Singanallur,
# 483, Kamaraj Road, Upplipalayam, Coimbatore - 641 015
T. 91 422 6656000, F. 91 422 6656060 E.
is conveniently located in the second largest city in the South Indian state. It is referred to as "the Manchester of South India" due to the presence of a flourishing textile industry. The hill stations of Ooty, Coonoor and Valparai are close to the city making it a good tourist attraction throughout the year.of Tamil Nadu, a major textile and engineering hub of South India.
It took us almost an hr or so to check out the whole property, then had our lunch clicked the remaining pictures and started back home around 4PM.
The reception is neatly organised with a semi circle desk which makes it easy to approach from all sides.
This is the Aloft banner which is kept near the reception at the lobby.Music,Design and Technology are 3 key passions for Aloft.
Fabulous shopping in you bag? Exquisite dining tempts your appetite? Want to step out and see the sights or a show?! Aloft points you in the right direction.
Aloft guestrooms - Spacious 9-foot-high ceilings, plush platform bed,free WiFi, 42'' LCD Tvs, custom Aloft ameneties by Bliss Spa, rainfall showerhead, signature coffee and more.
I loved the names they have given for each amenity here as follows:
- re:mix lounge - A playful place or quiet space to a drink, enjoy free WIFI or pick up a game of pool.
- W xyz bar - Meet and mingle at their signature cocktails and mocktails.
- Estia - Enjoy Exotic Mediterranean food.
- dot.yum - All day dining restaurant.
- Splash – aloft’s outdoor pool awaits your arrival.Take a dip or lounge in style at our pool, open morning to night.
- re:fuel - 24/7 Grab & Go Counter - Busy for a morning breafkast then grab a sweet, savory, or healthy snack from their grab and go counter.It is a 24/7 grab and go gourmet, full of light meals,mix and match muches,healthy bites, dreamy delights, or you can just make your own cappuccinos.
- re:charge - Sprint,stretch, lift and pump day or night with stationary bikes,treadmills and elliptical machines from Life Fitness.
- Tactic - Plug & play connectivity station charges all your electronics and links to the 42” LCD TV to maximize work and play.
- The Hub - 2863 sq. ft of meeting space, seating for 250 and most suitable for all types of gatherings.
- They have a 46 sqm. of meeting space, seating for 20 - 25, 104 sqm. Of fitness space, 75 sqm. dip, jump or lounge at our pool.
- Breeze into their aloft rooms, featuring our ultra-comfortable signature bed, an oversized spa shower, custom amenities by Bliss® Spa, and more
There are 4 types of rooms :
aloft King Room
- It is a normal double bedroom
aloft Double Queen Room
- Same as Aloft King Room with a single bed aside which you can share with your guests as well.
aloft Splash Room
- Same as King room but view from the window is direct to the pool(splash)
aloft Double Queen Room
aloft King Room
I saw antique scooters and bikes showcased around the hotel....when we enquired the reason they said the antique scooters are showcased for the amusement to the middle management people when they drop in here to recollect their memories..:)
Splash and A play of Billiards at the lounge
The hotel is fully secured that even the lift is accessible only with the hotel room key no unauthorized persons can enter the room premises.Each room has a locker facility which can either be locked using your room key or your credit card.
I loved the subtle colors they have selected for the reception and lounge area....very calming to sit and relax.
They have a conference hall suitable for meetings and small gatherings which has a separate entrance and an mini buffet hall attached to it. I liked the fact that even when there are meetings held in the conference hall, the entrance is designed in such a way that it is not a disturbance to the customers staying at the hotel.
A well equipped gym is also available , which is easily accessible to the hotel customers.
re:fuel - 24/7 Grab & Go Counter - Busy for a morning breakfast then grab a sweet, savory, or healthy snack from their grab and go counter.It is a 24/7 grab and go gourmet, full of light meals,mix and match muches,healthy bites, dreamy delights, or you can just make your own cappuccinos.
At the restaurant, I saw the mirrors with stains which was something new to me...they say it is considered as a good will in the Mediterranean countries so they wanted to have a replica in their restaurant too.
Estia - You can enjoy Exotic Mediterranean food. Set in an alluring ambience, Estia brings to you extravagant cuisines of Mediterranean countries like Spain, France, Italy, Lebanon, Greece, Turkey, Morocco, Egypt, Croatia & Portugal.
W xyz bar
- Meet and mingle at their signature cocktails and mocktails. All the mocktails below were prepared fresh just for the clicks sake, I was surprised how fast they prepared them, it was just within minutes all of them were neatly presented and displayed.
The room has a cordless phone facility, you can even make your own coffee using the coffee maker, have chilled aerated drinks from the mini refrigerator in each room.
Night View of the Lounge
Style at a steal and discover the new twist in travel.
NOTE : This is an unpaid review and the views are purely based on my personal opinion based on my visit to the hotel premises.
Labels: Hotel Review