Paneer Soda?! Now how will you make it without paneer asked mittu.....and thats going to be the question from many of you...Now let me tell you that paneer soda is mildly sweet rose flavoured soda drink. I have had this drink back in school days in my native Karaikudi...paneer soda and bovonta are few among the drinks I look forward and relish everytime we visit there during my school holidays.I happenned to see this recipe in a cookbook and I tried it today, while drinking it I was transferred to my childhood days :) This is very easy to make just few ingredients and you could easily make this, best summer drink!
Paneer Soda Recipe
Preparation Time:10 mins | Cooking Time : 15 mins | Makes:1/2 cup paneer soda syrup
Water - 1 and 1/4 cups
Sugar - 3/4 cup
Rose Essence - 1/8 tsp
Plain Soda - as required for serving
Icecubes - few
Recipe Category: Drink | Recipe Cuisine: South Indian
- Dissolve sugar in water.Then heat it up for 10 mins, when you touch and see it will start to turn slightly sticky, no need to check for any other consistency.At this stage switch off and cool down.Then strain to remove impurities in sugar(if any).
- Once its completely cooled down, add rose essence and mix well. Transfer to jar and refrigerate it.
- While serving take a glass fill it up few icecubes,then add 2 tbsp sugar syrup and add 1 cup of chilled soda water.
Enjoy your homemade paneer soda...yumm and refreshing!!
- Adjust the quantity of sugar syrup for each serving according to your preference.But usually paneer soda is less sweet.
- You can refrigerate and store this rose syrup for about 2 weeks.
- The syrup is not thick its runny so dont heat for more time,just when it starts to turn stickyu switch off.
- Make sure you cool down the sugar syrup and only then add rose essence.
- I used Kinley plain soda water and rose essence brand is bush, both is easily available at Nilgiris.
- Use good quality essence as its the main ingredient which gives flavour to this drink.
Labels: Summer Drinks