We are travelling next week to Chennai and am already in the holiday mood and as a bonus we are attending a reception so am waiting to have a gala time .So am here to post a quick travel food idea. Lemon Rice(Elumichai Sadham) always reminds me of train journeys as I always see people having them. I wanted to post this travel menu with lemon rice,vadai, thogayal and papad...am sure most of us will be tempted to buy vadais in train / in stations instead pack homemade vadais...Isnt that good?!
Travel Food Idea2 - Lemon Rice,Coriander Thogayal,Masal Vadai and Vadam
Preparation Time : 2 hrs | Cooking Time : 1 hr | Standing Time : 7 hrs in room temperature
Recipe Category: Travel Food | Recipe Cuisine: Indian
Click the links below to get the full recipe with stepwise pictures
Here is the travel idea menu 2:
Sago Vadam / Killu Vadam
- For Masala Vada - Soak dal, grind it and mix all the required ingredients and refrigerate it the previous night itself or before as per your travel plans. When you are making lemon rice just shape the vadas and fry it.
- If you are packing everything hot hot then the best choice for packing is eversilver containers.And you can use plastic / thonai plates for serving.Or you can even pack it in banana leaf wrapped in newspaper.
- For thogayal - you can fry all the ingredients before hand, while packing just add salt and grind it.Saute coconut till nicely browned thats the important note.
- Use vada paruppu for making masala vadai which gives even more crispier vadas as in shops.If you dont get vada paruppu, then go ahead with chana dal as in my recipe.
- You can even pressure cook rice, fluff it up and make it ready before hand itself.
Labels: Travel Food Series