Murungakkai Masala Recipe - Drumstick Curry Recipe

Murungakkai Masala Recipe
Murungakkai Masala is my all time favorite...even when I was a fuzzy eater I like drumstick and potato very much.This recipe is mostly the same as how I made cabbage curry but I wanted to post it as many of you'all asked me for the recipe when I posted mango sambar where the drumstick curry was at the side :) Being this veggie lover, I am surprised to see that this is the 2nd drumstick recipe I am posting...have to look out for more drumstick recipes to post here :)

Murungakkai Masala Recipe

Drumstick Curry Recipe

Preparation Time:15 mins | Cooking Time : 20 mins | Serves:2
Recipe Category: Sidedish | Recipe Cuisine: Indian

Drumstick - 5
Garlic - 5 halved
Big Onion - 1 finely chopped
Red Chilli Powder - 1 tsp
Water - as required
Salt - to taste

To grind to a paste:

Coconut - 1/3 cup
Fennel Seeds - 1/2 tsp

To temper:

Oil - 2 tsp
Cinnamon - 1/2 inch piece two
Cloves - 2
Cardamom - 2
Curry leaves - few

Method:

  1. Wash drumstick and trim the ends. Cut it into1.5 inches long,Set aside.Heat oil - add the items listed under 'to temper' let it splutter then add garlic and onions, fry till golden brown.
    How to make murungakkai masala - Step1
  2. Add drumstick,red chilli powder, required water and let it boil.
    How to make murungakkai masala - Step2
  3. Cover and cook for few mins until the drumstick turns tender.Meanwhile grind coconut,fennel seeds along with little water to a semi fine paste.
    How to make murungakkai masala - Step3
  4. Once the color of the veggie changes and is cooked to soft, add required salt,coconut paste.Add 1/2 cup water
    How to make murungakkai masala - Step4
  5. Let it cook till it becomes semi dry.Switch it off.
    How to make murungakkai masala - Step5
Serve with rice and sambar/rasam.

My Notes:

Drumstick Curry Recipe

Labels: