I just love nungu, when hubby got nungu last week we relished them as such and had few leftovers so wanted to make something out of it. First I planned for nungu rosemilk but then I felt it was too simple so tried pudding with it :) Here is the nungu rosemilk pudding recipe that I tried last week.
I just waited for an hour and demoulded it which is what you see in the pics.....Actually I could see mixture getting set while I was pouring itself so act fast once agar agar mixture is added.
Nugu Rose Pudding Recipe
Preparation Time:20 mins | Freezing Time : 2 hrs | Makes:6 small puddings
Nungu(Palm Fruit) - 3
Milk - 2 cups
Sugar - 2 tbsp(I didnt add as my rose syrup had sweet in it)
Rose milk syrup - 2 tbsp / Rose Milk Essence - 1 tsp
Agar agar(China Grass) - 3 gms
Water - 1/4 cup + 2 tbsp
Recipe Category: Dessert | Recipe Cuisine: Indian
- Cut nungu into small cubes,Set aside.Cut chinagras into small bits.
- Add the cut pieces along with water and boil it...It will take atleast 10mins so meanwhile take milk in a mixing bowl, add rosemilk syrup, add sugar if you are adding.Then add the cut nungu pieces to it.
- By now, the china grass would have completely dissolved.Grind 1 nungu coarsely.Now add the nungu paste,china grass mixture to the nungu rosemilk mixture.
- Give a quick mix.Then transfer it to small cups.Add sprinkles on top and refrigerate it for atleast 2 hrs.After 2 hrs, scrap the sides with a knife and turn over to get the pudding demoulded.
Serve it chilled.
- Dont be tempted to add more water, water level should be ust enough for the china grass to get immersed, if you add more water then the pudding will be watery.
- I used rosemilk syrup, dont confuse it with rose milk essence. If you are using essence then just 1 tsp will be enough.
- Make sure you cut china grass into small bits so that it dissolvc
- Replace 1/2 of condensed milk if you want a rich pudding.
- You can add any essence of your choice.
- You can even add coco powder to half of mixture and make it a layered pudding with half rosemilk and half cocoa.
- Once agar agar mixture is added, give a quick stir and pour it into moulds immediately else it will start setting.
Labels: agar agar recipes, Desserts, puddings