Nungu Rose Pudding Recipe - Agar Agar(China Grass) Pudding

Nungu Rose Pudding Recipe

I just love nungu, when hubby got  nungu last week we relished them as such and had few leftovers so wanted to make something out of it. First I planned for nungu rosemilk but then I felt it was too simple so tried pudding with it :) Here is the nungu rosemilk pudding recipe that I tried last week.

Nungu Rose Pudding Recipe

I just waited for an hour and demoulded it which is what you see in the pics.....Actually I could see mixture getting set while I was pouring itself so act fast once agar agar mixture is added.

Nungu Rose Pudding Recipe

Nugu Rose Pudding Recipe

Preparation Time:20 mins | Freezing Time : 2 hrs | Makes:6 small puddings
Recipe Category: Dessert | Recipe Cuisine: Indian

Nungu(Palm Fruit) - 3
Milk - 2 cups
Sugar - 2 tbsp(I didnt add as my rose syrup had sweet in it)
Rose milk syrup - 2 tbsp / Rose Milk Essence - 1 tsp
Agar agar(China Grass) - 3 gms
Water - 1/4 cup + 2 tbsp

Method:

  1. Cut nungu into small cubes,Set aside.Cut chinagras into small bits.How to make nungu rose pudding - Step1
  2. Add the cut pieces along with water and boil it...It will take atleast 10mins so meanwhile take milk in a mixing bowl, add rosemilk syrup, add sugar if you are adding.Then add the cut nungu pieces to it.
    How to make nungu rose pudding - Step2
  3. By now, the china grass would have completely dissolved.Grind 1 nungu coarsely.Now add the nungu paste,china grass mixture to the nungu rosemilk mixture.
    How to make nungu rose pudding - Step3
  4. Give a quick mix.Then transfer it to small cups.Add sprinkles on top and refrigerate it for atleast 2 hrs.After 2 hrs, scrap the sides with a knife and turn over to get the pudding demoulded.
    How to make nungu rose pudding - Step4
Serve it chilled.

Nungu Rose Pudding Recipe

My Notes:

Nungu Rose Pudding Recipe

Labels: , ,