Oats Raisin Cookies and Muffins are in my tobake list but there werent chances for it or I didnt bother to create one.There are days when you want to clean your pantry and search for recipes based on that....Thats what exactly happenned few days back...I had a pack of tutti frutti kept untouched and I wanted to use it up...While I was on a casual talk with PJ, I was asking for recipes with tutti frutti as a sub ingredient and she recommended trying this cookies from her space and when I saw the ingredients list I was like wow no maida no rising agents...cookies with just oats and wheat flour cookies and as a bonus it used demerara sugar and I wanted to finish up that too as the expiry was nearing.I tried the cookies the next day itself as I had all the ingredients in hand, it is one of the easiest cookie recipes that I have baked so far.....yum and addictive.
It is such a easy cookie recipe that you can make the cookies in just 15mins , push it into the oven and relax...Your cookies are done in another 20mins...Isnt that cool?! Hubby who always argues that oats is meant for porridge and what other make over you do with oats is a compromise said he just loved the cookies...yes we coudnt stop with one and the cookies were empty in no time.I loved the crunchy texture with dried fruits coming inbetween each bite...! I am planning to bake another batch soon :)
Oats Raisins Cookies Recipe
Oats - 3/4 cup(I used quaker oats)
Wheat Flour - 1/4 cup
Unsalted Butter - 1.5 tbsp
Milk - 2 tbsp
Demerara Sugar - 1/4 cup
Tutti Frutti + Golden Raisins - 1/3 cup
Vanilla Essense - 1/4 tsp
| Cooking Time
: 20 mins
| Recipe Cuisine
| Recipe Reference
: Seduce Your Tastebuds
- Take demerera sugar in a mixer and powder it, Set aside.In a bowl add oats,wheat flour,tutti frutti,sugar,butter and vanilla essence.
- Get all the ingredients in a mixing bowl, mix well first then add milk.
- Preheat oven at 180 deg C for 10mins.Mix well, it will be sticky at this stage but will hold together.Now take a tbsp of dough make a small balls out of it.
- Then press and flatten the balls.Line a butter paper or aluminum foil and arrange the cookies
- Bake the cookies at 180 deg C for 15-20mins until the edges are golden brown flipping the cookies to other side after first 10mins.Once done, cool down on wirerack.Then transfer to airtight container.
Serve warm with a glass of milk or as a tea time snack.
- If the dough doesnt hold together then sprinkle an extra tsp of milk.
- If you want chewy cookies then 15mins will be fine. I wanted them crispy so baked for an extra 5mins.The cookies are slightly crispy and crunchy .
- If you dont have demerara sugar use normal white sugar.You can even add the sugar as such as in the orginal recipe.
- I used golden color raisin, you can use any type of your choice.Raisin bubbles up while baking but comes back to normal once the cookies are baked.
- The timing depends on the cookie size and thickness.If you are making a slighter thicker cookie then it might take atleast 30mins to get baked fully, so adjust the timing accordingly.
- You can even make with raisins alone.
Labels: Eggless Baking, Eggless Cookies