Aloo Tikki Recipe

Aloo Tikki Recipe
Aloo Tikki is a popular North Indian street food, there are so many chaat recipes which uses aloo tikki as base. I make veg cutlet often for mittu as thats one of the few ways I sneak in veggies for her, and to me aloo tikki sounded like a simplified version of veg cutlet :)

I saw a aloo tikki recipe with chana dal filling but I wanted to make a simple aloo tikki this time as I planned for a chaat recipe(coming soon) using the tikkis. I have tasted aloo tikki few times and the best one I liked is at Agarwals, guess they use ghee for toasting and it tastes yum...yes thats a sinful indulgence:)

Weather here is demanding some hot fried snacks and this one fitted the bill aptly...I just clicked them today but couldnt wait to share the recipe so here I am with the aloo tikki recipe.

You can serve it with sweet and green chutney or with just tomato ketchup, either ways it tastes yum , but my vote is for sweet chutney :)

Aloo Tikki Recipe 

Aloo Tikki Recipe - Ingredients

Preparation Time : 15 mins | Cooking Time : 10 mins | Makes : 8 tikkis
Recipe Category: Snack | Recipe Cuisine: Indian

Potato - 2 and 1/2 medium sized (comes to 1.5 cups after mashing)
Bread Crumbs - 1/3 cup
Red Chilli Powder - 1 tsp
Chat Masala powder - 1/4 tsp
Jeera powder - 1/2 tsp
Garam Masala powder - 1/2 tsp
Coriander Leaves - 1/2 tbsp finely chopped
Lemon Juice - 1 tsp
Cooking Oil - to toast
Salt - to taste

Method:

  1. Cut each potato into 2 halves and pressure cook for 4 whistles or until soft.Peel off the skin and mash it well without any lumps.Add red chilli powder,garam masala powder,cumin powder,chat masala powder,lemon juice,coriander leaves and required salt to the mashed potatoes.
    How to make aloo tikki - Step1
  2. Mix well to form a smooth dough.Pinch a lemon sized ball and roll it well, then flatten them into round patties as shown below.How to make aloo tikki - Step2
  3. Roll the patties in breadcrumbs so that it coats well on all sides.Now finish the batter by repeating the process.I just made 6 tikkis for click sake and reserved the batter for later use.How to make aloo tikki - Step3
  4. Heat dosa pan - drizzle oil, add the aloo tikkis and toast well on both sides till they turn golden brown and slightly crisp.How to make aloo tikki - Step4
Serve hot with sweet chutney or tomato sauce.
Aloo Tikki Recipe

My Notes:

Aloo Tikki Recipe

Labels: ,