Mango Kulfi Recipe - Easy Mango Kulfi

Mango Kulfi Recipe
Mango Kulfi is a frozen creamy milk based dessert. I had no plans of posting any kulfi / mango kulfi recipes this summer but last week my aunt sent a mango kulfi pic through watsapp which was very tempting that I made up my mind to try mango kulfi and started to google for recipes atonce.I found many recipes but I ended up using my kulfi base recipe and modified it for this mango kulfi. It turned out so good that we all loved it to the core.

I have seen kulfi walas shouting kulfi ice kulfi ice and as a kid I didn't bother about the hygiene factor and have enjoyed kulfi so many times. But now I hesitate to buy kulfi from roadside shop vendors for mittu so she is enjoying homemade kulfi :)

I always have nightmares whenever I have popsicle moulds freezing and Everytime I remove them out from the mould, I feel like bringing the sky down yes I was so happy seeing the clean demoulded mango kulfis
Mango Kulfi Recipe

According to Wikipedia : Kulfi was traditionally prepared by evaporating sweetened and flavoured milk via slow cooking, with almost continuous stirring to keep milk from sticking to the bottom of the vessel where it might burn, until its volume was reduced by a half, thus thickening it, increasing its fat, protein, and lactose density.

I am really not sure why it is called 'mango kulfi icecream' , it should be just 'mango kulfi ice' yes there is difference between icecream and ice. Icecream is very soft and creamy that will melt in your mouth whereas ice / popsicle has the frozen crystals while biting into.

Mango Kulfi Recipe

Mango Kulfi Recipe

Preparation Time:30 mins | Freezing Time : 8 hrs | Makes:9 small popsicles
Recipe Category: Dessert | Recipe Cuisine: Indian

Milk - 2 and 1/2 cups
Sugar - 1/4 cup heaped
Cornflour - 1/2 tsp*(optional)
Mango Pulp - 1 cup *
Badam - 25 nos
Pista - 10 nos
Cardamom powder - 1/2 tsp
Saffron - 3 strands
Pista(crushed coarsely) - 2 tsp for garnish
Condensed Milk - 1/3 cup

* If you are adding cornflour then mix it with milk to a form a paste then add it.
* I used alphonsa mangoes, choose ripe, less fiber mango

Method:

  1. Soak the nuts for an hr,Then blend it along with a tsp of milk to a fine / coarse paste.How to make mango popsicles - Step1
  2. Add milk and sugar in a thick bottomed pan and let it simmer for 10 mins until it is reduced.Then add condensed milk,saffron milk(add saffron to a tsp of warm milk and set aside) and simmer.
    How to make mango kulfi - Step2
  3. Then add nuts paste,cardamom powder and simmer until it becomes creamy.
    How to make mango kulfi - Step3
  4. It should be coat the laddle not too thick.Switch off and let it cool completely.Once cooled completely, add mango pulp and whisk it well so that there are no lumps.
    How to make mango kulfi - Step4
  5. Pour it in kulfi moulds / popsicle moulds...I used only the moulds that suited kulfi ice shape incase if you wonder why I have poured in only few moulds :), Cover it with silver foil then insert icecream sticks and freeze it for atleast 6 hrs.Then show the mould in running tap water then gently pull the sticks to remove the kulfis.
    How to make mango kulfi - Step5
Garnish with pistachios and Serve immediately.

Mango Kulfi Recipe

My Notes:

Mango Kulfi Recipe

Labels: , ,