Whole Wheat Veg Pizza with Paneer, Onion and Capsicum topping
I always like Paneer Pizza, mittu loves it too.So I decided to have onion, capsicum and paneer as topping this time.With the goodness of whole wheat, and the burst of flavours from paneer, onion and capsicum the pizza was absolutely delicious.Mittu is not fond of capsicum so I reserved the remaining one dough for her, and baked it with just cheese, onion and paneer when she was back from school, she had a surprise homemade pizza and I was really happy seeing her enjoy it.Check out veg pizza recipe
that I posted long back.
So with the same dough I tried both ways:
1.Pushed both the base and topping inside the oven.
2.Baked the base first then bake it again with topping.
Mittus school has reopened from Monday and she is happily going to school.Guess it will take time for me to get adjusted with her full day school timing.....I feel the day is sooo long and am feeling lost already but I know its in a way good that she is in routine both for eating and sleeping. I have all the time for myself but dono what only to do with her not around...I think this will be every mamas cry when the kids takes school fullday.During the holidays, whenever I used to shout at her saying I am waiting for the school to reopen, she will have a smile in her face and reply back saying you will say this now but once I start school you will say I am missing you....ahhh she reads my mind well...so well :)
Oh yeah I have started packing lunchbox for her so far so good...hope it remains the same always :) First day when I packed lunch for her and gave so many instructions like where the snack box, lunch box waterbottle everything is placed....she said amma everything is ok but can you pack me a small stove also so that I can heat and eat as it will become so cold by the time I open...haha I had no answer and it took me few mins to convince her :)
Veg Paneer Pizza Recipe
Preparation Time:2 hrs | Cooking Time : 20mins | Makes:3 small pizzas
Recipe Category: Snack | Recipe Cuisine: World
For the pizza base
Wheat Flour(Atta/ Chapathi Flour) - 1 and 1/4 cups
Active dry yeast - 1 tsp ( I used Bakers brand)
Water - 1/4 cup + 1/4 cup
Sugar - 1 tsp
Salt - 1/2 tsp
Olive oil - 1 and 1/2 tbsp
For the topping:
Paneer - 1/4 cup
Black Pepper powder - 1/4 tsp
Tomato Sauce - 1 tsp
Mozarella Cheese - 3/4 cup grated
Oregano - 1/4 tsp
Capsicum - 1/2 cup cubed(I used 3 colors)
Pizza Sauce - 2 tbsp
Big Onion - 1/2 cubed
Oregano - as required
Chilli Flakes - as needed
Paneer - 15 small cubes
: The given measures are for 2 small pizzas
- In 1/4 cup warm water, add sugar and yeast set aside for 10mins.You will see the mixture frothing this ensure that your yeast is active. This test is only for active dry yeast, if you are using instant yeast then skip this step and proceed to step2.In a mixing bowl add the yeast solution, oil and salt whisk it well.Then add wheat flour and mix well.Add remaining 1/4 cup water.
- Mix well and knead it to form a smooth pilable dough.Keep it in a warm place undisturbed for 2 hrs.When u check after 2 hrs, the dough would have been raised.Now punch it down incase for any air bubbles. I divided the dough to make 2 small pizzas.Roll the dough to a thin base and cut it out with a lid to get perfect circles.Prick the base with fork to make sure of even cooking and to avoid puffing up.
- Preheat the oven for 150 degree Celsius for 10 mins.Add tomato sauce and freshly crushed pepper,oregano and mix well, Set aside.Grease a baking tray with little oil and sprinkle little flour. Transfer the rolled pizzas to the baking tray, and bake in preheated oven for 7-9mins.Once the pizza base is ready brush it with milk.Alternatively,If you want to bake both the base and topping together then at this stage add the topping and bake at 200 deg C for 15-20 mins.
- Spread pastaa sauce on the pizza base.First add half of grated cheese then arrange the toppings - I've used onion, capsicum and paneer.Then add remaining grated cheese.While you arrange the toppings, preheat oven at 200 deg C for 10mins.
- Once both the pizzas are ready, bake in preheated oven for 5-mins until cheese melts and the base turns golden brown at the edges.After removing from oven add oregano, chilli flakes cut into wedges and enjoy!
Serve hot always!!
- The thumb rule : If you are baking just the base then its 150 deg C, if you are baking both base and topping it should be 200 deg C for 15-20mins.
- You can make variations for topping like soya, paneer, corn etc.
- The dough shouldnt be sticky...if so then ur dough is watery so add in a little more flour. The dough shouldnt be very tight, if it is then the pizza will be hard.
- You can use the same recipe for white base too, but adjust water quantity alone as white flour may take a little less than wheat flour.
- The resting time totally depends on the type of yeast you are using.
- To check if the pizza is cooked inside : If you cut a tiny area at the sides with a knife, u can see if its cooked fully by seeing the bread like texture then your pizza is done.
- You can even lay aluminium foil or butter paper on the try and then roll the dough on it.
- If you are using instant yeast no need to proof it, add it along with water and just mix it.
- As my oven tray is small, I always divide the dough into 2 or 3 and make pizzas.
- It is again a no fail recipe.The only thing to keep in mind is the measurements and the yeast activeness.With the measurement specified above , u can make 3 small thin crust pizzas.
- I used Amul pizza cheese and Bluebird brand active dry yeast both I got from Nilgiris.
Yummy Cheesy Paneer ready to eat..Are you ready?! Now you have no excuses, come on put on your aprons and start baking..Let me know your feedbacks!
Labels: Kids Corner, Kids Recipes, Pizza, Pizza Recipes, Teatime snacks