Paneer Fried Rice is mittus favourite......She loves both paneer and fried rice so paneer fried rice is obviously her favorite too.Hubby can have fried rice even daily...yes he is crazy after fried rice and his staple order in restaurants will egg / veg fried rice. I like it too but seeing the amount of oil they use in restaurants and while eating with hands you can feel the oil and I feel really guilty to eat fried rice at restaurants so I limit myself with my ever favorite Naan/ Roti with any gravy.
I usually find making fried rice easy than any other south indian meal, as once the chopping part is done your fried rice will be ready in no time so when there is demand for fried rice at home I never miss it :)
Sidedish Recipes which pairs well with fried rice :
Check out mushroom fried rice
, egg fried rice
and veg fried rice
recipes for more variations.
Paneer Fried Rice Recipe - Ingredients
Preparation Time : 20 mins | Cooking Time : 15 mins | Serves : 2
Basmati rice - 1/2 cup
Paneer - 1/4 cup small cubes tightly packed
Carrot - 1 small finely chopped lengthwise
Cabbage - 3 tbsp chopped finely chopped lengthwise
Spring onions (white part) - 2 tsp finely chopped
Spring onions (green part) - 1 tsp finely chopped
Garlic - 2 tsp finely chopped
Capsicum - 2 tbsp chopped finely
Recipe Category: Main | Recipe Cuisine: Indi Chinese
Soya sauce - 1/8 tsp
Pepper powder - 1 tsp
Olive Oil - 1 tbsp + 1 tsp
Salt - to taste
- Cut the paneer pieces into very small cubes and toast it with a tsp of oil in a dosa tawa.Drain in tissue papper and set aside.Soak basmati rice for 15mins then pressure cook for 3 whistles in medium flame in the ratio 1(rice):1.5(water) cups.Spread it in a plate and fluff it up with a fork add a tsp of oil and let it cool down.
- .In a pan heat oil - add garlic, spring onion white part saute for a minute till it turns slightly browned.Then Then add carrot,cabbage and capsicum,in medium high flame, fry till the veggies shrink and raw smell leaves.Then add pepper powder,required salt, soya sauce and stir well in medium high flame.
- Add cooked rice and give a quick stir.Then add spring onions green part, fried paneer cubes and give a quick stir.Switch off.
Serve hot with your choice of side dish or any manchurian.
- I reduced the quantity of veggies and added more paneer.But don't skip spring onions as it gives a good amount of chinese flavour to the fried rice.
- You can add 2 tbsp onion while sauteing the veggies.
- You can even add green chilli sauce.
- Use freshly ground pepper for a great flavour.
- You can even crumble or grate the paneer and add it but in that case you will have to add it raw.I prefer toasting and adding.
- Sauteing the veggies in high flame gives a nice smoky flavour and also retains its crunchiness without the raw smell.
- I soaked basmati rice for 15 mins then pressure cooked for 1:1.5 ratio(rice:water) for 3 whistles in medium low flame.
- I dont use ajino motto, but if you prefer you can add a pinch of it at the final stage to get the exact restaurant flavour.
- Make sure to fluff the rice and spread it with little olive oil to make the grains separate.Allow it to rest atleast for 30mins.
Labels: fried rice recipes