Granola / Muesli is my favorite ever since I tried making granola bars
. I already have posted a stove top version of making muesli
long back but I used quick cooking oats that time. but nowadays I love the baked version more as it is less time consuming and is so crispy perfect with a bowl of chilled milk...yumm!!
I had a small pack of rolled oats which my aunt gave me which was from US so wanted to use it for this baked version...Will you believe I made and clicked the pics 2 yrs back and only now I am posting it...this is one of my oldest drafted posts and here today it comes live :)
I don't have a particular recipe for granola just mix and match each time and it comes our good.But this time I measured everything for posting sake so here comes the homemade granola recipe.I usually buy kellogg's granola but now I have started making my own batch at home, it is less expensive and also you can plus or minus the ingredients according to your liking.
Homemade Granola Recipe
Preparation Time:15 minutes | Cooking Time : 25 mins | Makes:2 cups
Rolled oats -1 cup
Cornflakes - 1/4 cup
Almonds - 3 tbsp chopped
Walnuts - 2 tbsp
Dates - 3 finely chopped
Black Raisins - 10
Powdered demerara sugar - 2 tbsp
Honey - 2.5 tbsp
Vanilla essence - 1/8 tsp
Butter / Cooking Oil - 1/2 tbsp
Salt - a tiny pinch
Recipe Category: Main | Recipe Cuisine: World
- First mix honey and oil in a separate bowl.Take all other ingredients in a oven safe bowl / tray then add the wet ingredients. Mix well.First I added only 1.5 tbsb honey then I added little more honey at this stage after taste checking as I felt sweet was a bit less so have given the measure in total as 2.5tbsp.
- Preheat oven at 165 deg C and bake it for 25-30 mins or until the granola turns crisp and starts to turn golden brown.After every 10mins give a quick stir so that its evenly baked.Spread it in a tray, cool down completely and then
Serve warm with milk and fresh cut fruits.
- Plus or minus the ingredients as per your choice and add honey/sugar accordingly.
- If you use quick cooking oats then the baking time may vary, it may take just 15-20mins so keep an eye.
- If you dont have demerara sugar, add powdered white sugar though brown sugar is recommended for granola.
- You can even add other nuts and dry fruits of your choice.
- I used cooking oil, if you are using butter then melt it and then mix with honey then add it.
- I have tried with jaggery syrup and it tastes good too.Replace sugar with 2 tbsp jaggery syrup.
- After the wet ingredients are mixed it may look a bit sticky but after its baked it will be crispy and separated.
- Make sure you cool down completely and then store in airtight container.Keeps well even for a month.
- The baking time may vary depending on the type of baking tray too so keep an eye after 20mins.I have tried both in glass bowl and cookie tray, it takes little lesser time for the glass bowl so I am just telling you this in advance.
- Granola should be golden brown not on the darker side else it will give a bitter taste.
- While serving you can add fresh cut fruits with milk and enjoy.
Labels: Homemade at SharmisPassions