Sambaram / Spiced Buttermilk is a refreshing summer drink, a slightly diifferent take to the neer more
.Sambaram is also served in Onam Sadya so thought to share this.I clicked sambaram long back using my digicam when I was in chennai but then completely forgot about it and now I dont even remember why I didn't post it.
I wanted to wind up onam sadya recipes
with parippu curry as last post but the new brown plate hubby got for me itched my hands and the very next day I clicked this sambaram using that plate :) I think there is time and reason for everything and in my case its the props which tempts me to try new recipes.
Sambaram Recipe - Ingredients
Preparation Time : 10 mins | Cooking Time : nil | Serves : 2
Thick Curd - 2 cups chilled
Water - 1 cup
Salt - to taste
Green Chilli - 1
Curry Leaves - a small sprig
Ginger - 1/2 tsp finely chopped
Recipe Category: Buttermilk | Recipe Cuisine: Kerala
- Add water to curd and whisk it well.Chop curry leaves,ginger and green chillies finely and add it to the buttermilk.
- Add salt.Whisk it well and serve.
- If you want you can strain it and drink, the flavours will still be there.
- I used buttermilk which we get after taking butter so it was thick.The consistency can be adjusted to your liking,
- Spice level can be adjusted according to your preference.
Labels: Onam Sadhya Menu