Aval Mixture is a easy snack that you can make in few mins, just get ready with all your ingredients and fry them one by one, toss it up with your favorite spices and all done...Your poha mixture is ready....that sounds cool right?! Yesterday night when I was watching a movie and felt like munching something , the snack box was empty but I was reluctant to go make anything just for my sake that instance as I was deep into the movie ;) so the first thing I did today morning is to make this mixture, clicked it too :) Now I have a box of evening snacks ready for today :)
Aval Mixture also called as Poha Chivda - You can easily make this for Diwali 2014 and share it with your friends and relatives.
Check out Cornflakes Mixture
and Madras Mixture Recipe
which I posted a yr back.
Aval Mixture Recipe
Preparation Time:5 mins | Cooking Time : 15 mins | Makes:1 and 1/2 cups
Thick Poha - 1 cup
Roasted Gram Dal (Chutney Dal) - 1/8 cup
Peanuts - 1/8 cup
Sesame seeds - 1 tsp
Cashews - 10
Raisins - 1 tbsp
Curry leaves - 15 leaves
Turmeric powder - 1/4 tsp
Red Chilli powder - 1 tsp
Salt - to taste
Oil - to deep fry
Recipe Category: Snacks | Recipe Cuisine: Indian
- Get ready with all your ingredients.Heat oil, once its hot add fried gram dal and fry till golden brown.Use a strainer to drain excess oil.Add it to tissue paper.Set aside.
- Next fry curry leaves until crisp, drain and set aside.Then fry cashews till golden brown, drain and set aside.Add raisins and fry till it bubbles up, drain and set aside.
- Take your poha, add it to oil and fry till the shh sound ceases, Drain and add it to tissue paper to remove excess oil.
- Add sesame seeds,let it splutter then add required salt red chilli and turmeric powders.Now collect everything and drain the excess oil using a tissue paper.
- After draining and removing excess oil, mix everything together and toss it well.Check, adjust salt and spice level.
Cool down and then store in an airtight container! Serve as a snack with hot coffee.
- If you like garlic flavour just add 1 crushed garlic along with the curry leaves.
- Raisins give a nice sweet crunch while eating so dont skip it.
- Fry each ingredient separately.
- Wile frying poha make sure oil is just for the poha to immerse else poha will drink more oil.You can even use a strainer to fry poha.Add poha to a strainer and dip it inside oil in that case you can add more oil so that poha immerses well in oil.
- Adding sesame seeds is optional.
- This keeps well even for 2 weeks when stored in airtight container.
Labels: Diwali Savoury Snacks, Diwali Special