Baby Corn Kurma is a great sidedish for chapathi or any mild pulaos.I wanted to try Baby Corn Kurma with coconut milk replacing coconut while grinding and it turned out to be great so wanted to have a record of the recipe with measurements so here I am with this post. Mittu loves baby corn so I try new recipes with it so that she doesn't get bored of the veggie, She likes baby corn gravy
and baby corn fry
This kurma is mild with the flavour of coconut milk that no one can say no to this kurma.Even amma who is not fond of baby corn loved the kurma and she couldnt resist that she even tasted the kurma when it was still boiling :)
Baby Corn Kurma Recipe
Preparation Time:15 mins | Cooking Time : 15 mins | Serves:2
Baby Corn - 8
Ginger Garlic Paste - 2 tsp
Garam Masala Powder - 1/2 tsp
Kasoori Methi - 1/4 tsp
Water - 3/4 to 1 cup
Thick Coconut Milk - 1/4 cup
Coriander leaves - just to garnish
Salt - to taste
Recipe Category: Lunch | Recipe Cuisine: Indian
To grind:Big Onion - 1 big sized chopped roughly
Tomato - 1 medium sized chopped roughly
Green Chilli - 1
Cashews - 5
To temper:Butter(at room temperature) - 1 tbsp
Oil - 2 tsp
Cinnamon - 1/2 inch piece
- Trim the edges of baby corn and chop it lengthwise then slit in into small pieces like shown below,Set aside.In a pan heat oil , adde onion tomato and green chillies saute till onions turn golden brown and tomatoes shrink.Cool down and transfer to mixer.
- Grind it to a fine paste,Set aside.Heat oil + butter add the items listed under 'to temper' then add ginger garlic paste and saute for a minute.
- Then add onion tomato paste and saute for 2mins.Then add required salt, garam masala powder, give a quick mix.Now add baby corn.
- Add water and pressure cook for 2 whistles in low medium flame.Once pressure releases, open and let the gravy boil for a good 5mins in low flame,check and adjust salt at this stage.Once oil separates, add coconut milk, bring it to a boil then garnish with coriander leaves,kasoori methi and switch off.
Serve with hot phulkas!
- Do not let the korma boil for more time after coconut milk is added else it will curdle.
- You can replace coconut milk with milk too.
- You can add 1/4 cup grated coconut and grind it along with other sauted ingredients and grind it, in that case skip coconut milk.
- Adding kasoori methi gives a great flavour to the kurma.