Chocolate Burfi is a very easy burfi that even beginners can try, it just melts in your mouth, so soft and textured that I loved it instantly. The fact that this burfi also requires very little ghee made me to try it instantly....I used my maida burfi as base recipe for this chocolate burfi and it came out soo good.I just tried with a very small quantity as its the first time I am trying, chocolate burfi will sure be a perfect treat for kids and chocolate lovers like me :)
Chocolate Burfi Recipe
Preparation Time:5 mins | Cooking Time : 15 mins | Makes:6 burfis
Milk powder - 1/4 cup heaped
Unsweetened Coco powder - 1 tsp
Sugar - 1/3 cup
Water - 1/4 cup
Melted Ghee - 2 tsp + for greasing
Pistachios - 4 chopped finely
Recipe Category: Sweets | Recipe Cuisine: Indian
- Grease a plate with ghee and keep it ready before you start cooking.Mix milk powder and coco powder together, whisk it well so that it gets mixed evenly.In a pan - add sugar and water, stir well so that sugar completely dissolves.
- Let the syrup boil till the syrup reaches single string consistency....when you take the syrup between your fingers it should form a thin single string as shown that is the correct stage.It will be hot so be very careful.Now add milkpowder coco mixture and mix well, keep mixing...in few seconds it will become thick but still in flowing consistency...this is the correct stage.Add ghee,give a quick mix and switch off.
- Transfer the mixture to a ghee greased plate, level it with a back of a spoon of greased ziplock for a smoother finish on top.Garnish with chopped pistachios or any nuts of your choice.When it is still warm, cut into squares.
Cool down and store in airtight container.
- Use good quality coco powder for good flavour and color.
- I used everyday brand milk powder.If your milk powder is coarse then grind it once to make it a fine powder.
- The sugar syrup will be hot so be careful while touching it. Else you can check it with a laddle and see.I find checking with fingers easy as I've been doing this for a while now so got used to this method.
- Choose a plate according to the quantity so that you can get perfect thickess and shape.
- The mixture will thicken fast so act quickly.Once milk powder mixture is added keep stirring to get the desired consistency.
- You can even leave it as such without nuts, but if you are adding nuts add it immediately while its still hot else it will not stick to the burfi.
- Keeps well for 4-5 days, after that refrigerate it.
Labels: Diwali Special, Diwali Sweets, diwali sweets recipes, Easy Sweets