Kadai Paneer Recipe is my most favorite, it absolutely delicious the juicy paneer with the crunchy onion and capsicum...yummmm.Most of the times when I am left to order for just myself at restaurants I would blindly go in for Naan and Kadai Paneer Masala yes that my most favorite combo...Yes you give me both everyday I will not complain :) I have already posted kadai paneer
semi dry version and now this gravy has added on to my favorites too.
, Dal, Phulka
and Kadai Paneer Gravy fixed the special lunch for us :)
Kadai Paneer Gravy Recipe - Ingredients
Preparation Time : 15 mins | Cooking Time : 25 mins | Serves : 2
Paneer - 1 cup cubed
Capsicum - 1/2 cup chopped (I used colored)
Big Onion - 1/2 cup chopped finely + 2 tbsp cubed
Tomatoes - 2 medium sized
Fresh Cream - 3 tbsp
Ginger garlic paste - 1 tbsp
Garam masala powder - 1/2 tsp
Kasoori methi - 1/2 tsp
Coriander leaves - 2 tsp chopped finely
Oil - 3 tsp
Salt- to taste
Recipe Category: Sidedish | Recipe Cuisine: North Indian
To roast & grind:
Red Chillies - 3
Coriander Seeds - 2 tsp
- Chop tomatoes roughly and grind it to a fine puree,Set aside.Cube paneer into bite sized pieces.
- Dry roast coriander seeds and red chillies for few mins until nice aroma comes.Cool down, transfer to mixer and grind it to a slightly coarse powder,Set aside.Heat oil, add onions, ginger garlic paste.
- Saute till onions turn slightly browned.Next add the spice powder and saute for 2mins.Then add tomato puree.
- Saute till raw smell leaves, then add little water and let it boil.Add garam masala powder and required salt.While it boils in another pan add little oil,toast capsicum and onion for 2mins,Set aside.
- Once the gravy becomes thickish add fresh cream and mix well.Let the gravy boil for 2mins in low flame.
- When the gravy starts giving a nice aroma, and the consistency is semi thick add toasted onion capsicum and give a quick stir.Add paneer cubes and give a quick stir.Finally garnish with corainder leaves,kasoori methi and switch off.
Serve with veg pulao or plain steamed basmati rice.
- This is medium spicy with the measurement I have given. You can adjust according to your taste buds.
- Adding cream gives a creamy and rich restaurant flavour.I used homemade fresh cream.
- The consistency should be flowing and creamy.
- You can add half and half milk and fresh cream.
- Toasting capsicum, onion and adding at the final stage gives a nice crunch as in restaurants.
- You can make the spice powder and store it but freshly ground spice mix gives great flavour.
- I used homemade paneer so it was very soft and absorbed the flavour well.
Labels: Paneer Dishes