Oats Paniyaram Recipe - Instant Oats Kuzhi Paniyaram

Oats Paniyaram Recipe
I wanted to try Oats Paniyaram after trying oats kozhukattai, A year when I tried oats paniyaram , it became so sticky inside and I was not satisfied at all so didn't post it here.I was little hesitant to try after that.After few months, I saw this recipe, I gave a try as I was confident with Ramyas recipes as most of the recipes I tried from hers were a hit at home....And as I guessed this oats paniyaram came out soo good, perfect as a snack for teatime.The paniyaram has a slightly crisp edge and soft inside, I loved the texture so much....I bet no one can find you have added oats in it...So what more do you need ?

You actually need no sidedish for this paniyaram but I served with coconut chutney .
Oats Paniyaram Recipe

Oats Paniyaram Recipe - Ingredients

Preparation Time : 10 mins | Cooking Time : 20 mins | Makes : around 15
Recipe Category: Snack | Recipe Cuisine: South Indian

Quick cooking oats - 1 cup(I used Quaker)
Rice Flour - 3 tbsp
Thick Curd (Yogurt) - 1/2 cup
Baking Soda - 1/8 tsp
Carrot - 1 small grated
Small Onion - 6 chopped finely
Red Chilli powder - 1/2 tsp
Coriander leaves - 2 tbsp finely chopped
Oil - as required to toast
Salt - to taste

To Temper:

Cooking Oil - 1 tsp
Mustard Seeds - 1 tsp
Urad Dal - 1/2 tsp
Curry leaves - 2 tsp chopped finely

Method:

  1. Dry roast oats for 2mins do not let the color change, this step is purely optional.Set aside.In a pan heat oil add mustard seeds,urad dal and curry leaves let it splutter.Then add onion and saute till transparent.Oats Paniyaram Recipe - Step1
  2. Then add carrot and saute till raw smell leaves, add chilli powder and give a quick mix.In a mixing bowl take roasted oats,saueted carrot onion,rice flour,curd,baking soda and coriander leaves.Oats Paniyaram Recipe - Step2
  3. Add required,mix well to form a semi loose batter , like our oothapam batter.Grease the kuzhipaniyaram pan with oil and add a laddle full of the batter in each hole.Oats Paniyaram Recipe - Step3
  4. Then cook covered for a minute or until it gets cooked. When the top part looks cooked then turn and cook on other side till golden brown.Oats Paniyaram Recipe - Step4
Serve as a teatime snack with any spicy chutney of your choice.Oats Paniyaram Recipe

My Notes:

Oats Paniyaram Recipe

Labels: ,