I got a pack of cherries for trying some desserts for christmas or to use it if I make christmas cake, but when I saw this muffins recipe I immediately bookmarked it.But I wanted to make a eggless version of cherry muffins, Divya was kind enough to help me with the recipe and tada my cherry muffins came out beautifully baked and everyone loved it at home.The cake is soo soft and the cherries inbetween lifts the flavour of the cake.Finally I am putting my new handmixer to good use :)
After a long time I broke the routine and spent the whole day with my school / college friend......she left just few hrs back....after some daily chores I sat down to post this cherry muffins.
Glace Cherry Muffins Recipe - Ingredients
Maida - 1 and 1/4 cup(150 grams)
Sugar (granulated) - 1/2 cup(100 grams)
Glace cherries - around 1/2 cup (100 gms)
Vanilla essence - 1 tsp
Salt - 1/8 tsp
Custard powder - 4 tsp
Baking powder - 1/2 tsp
Milk - 3/4 cup (150 ml)
Oil - 1/3 cup (75 ml)
: 15 mins
| Cooking Time
: 20 mins
: 10 muffins
| Recipe Cuisine
| Recipe Reference
- Reserve just 8-10 cherries and grind the rest to a fine paste.Now chop the remaining cherries.Set aside
- Take milk, oil, sugar and vanilla essence in mixing bowl.Beat in medium speed till sugar gets dissolved.
- Then add cherry paste and beat it well.Now take maida,custard powder, baking powder and required salt.
- Sieve it well twice.Now add it to the oil sugar mixture.Beat it well until creamy, make sure there are no lumps.Preheat oven at 170 deg C for 10mins.
- Line the cupcake liners in the muffin pan.Fill the cupcake liners upto 3/4th with the prepared batter. Bake at 170 deg C for atleast 20-25mins or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.Cool on wirerack and then store.
Cool down and store in airtight container.
- The timing may slightly vary from oven to oven so keep a close eye after 20mins and bake accordingly.
- You can even just chop the cherries and add it to the batter instead of grinding.
- You can add any chopped nuts of your choice.
- The orginal recipe was in gm measure so I measured with a weighing scale and converted it to the closest cup measure.
Labels: Eggless Baking, Eggless Cakes, eggless muffins, Muffins Recipes