I wanted to post basic homemade pizza dough recipe with correct measures as I have been experimenting a lot making adjustments to the pizza dough recipe that I tried first
.And nowadays I make the pizza dough / pizza base
the previous night and refrigerate it...that makes it easy to put things together when I want to make pizza.The pizza base recipe that I always trust uses milk but I prefer skipping milk when I plan to refrigerate the dough so this recipe comes handy.Actually this pizza base recipe can be used to make buns,pizza
Last month when I made Veg Pizza I clicked this pizza dough to post here but couldn't click the final pizza pictures as it got dark already but sure will post a grilled pizza soon.Here is a easy and no fail recipe for homemade pizza dough...I will be posting a grilled version of pizza soon.
Check out for more pizza recipes in this page.
Homemade Pizza Dough Recipe
Preparation Time:1 hr | Cooking Time : 5mins | Makes:2 small pizzas
All purpose flour/Maida - 1 and 1/2 cups
Instant yeast - 1 tsp
Warm Water - 1/2 cup
Sugar - 1/2 tbsp
Salt - 3/4 tsp
Olive oil - 1/8 cup
Recipe Category: Snack | Recipe Cuisine: World
* Note : I halved this recipe which is posted here
If you are using active dry yeast then use 1 tbsp, see my notes
- Take warm water in a bowl, add sugar and salt.
- Then add the yeast and whisk it well.Then add maida.
- Knead it to soft pliable dough.Set aside to rest undisturbed for atleast an hr in a warm placeWhen you open and see after an hour the dough must have doubled in size.Knock back the dough to release the air trapped and then use it.
- The dough shouldn't be sticky...if so then ur dough is watery so add in a little more flour. The dough shouldn't be very tight, if it is then the pizza will be hard.
- If you are using it at once then proceed else you can wrap it a cling film and refrigerate it.Else you can store in a big box(having enough space for the dough to grow in size) and refrigerate it.Take and keep the dough outside atleast 30mins before making pizza.
- The resting time totally depends on the type of yeast and the climatic conditions.I usually place the bowl near my stove.
- The name of the instant yeast I used here is Falcon, my friend got this from a whole sale shop.
- If you are using instant yeast no need to proof it, add it along with water and just mix it.But if you are using active dry yeast then you need to proof it then add.Check here for more details.
- It is again a no fail recipe.The only thing to keep in mind is the measurements and the yeast activeness.
Labels: Pizza, Pizza Recipes