I had bookmarked this legumes salad long back as I found it a interesting twist with hung curd as binding agent. Today morning when I saw the bread loaf I got the idea to make this legumes salad sandwich and we enjoyed our sandwich breakfast today.I couldn't wait to share this recipe so here I am posting it today itself :)
Check out other sandwich recipes that I've posted so far
Salad Sandwich Recipe - Ingredients
Bread - 8 slices
Thick Curd(Yogurt) - 1 cup
White Chana - 1/2 cup
Rajma - 1/3 cup
Tomato - 2 tbsp chopped finely
Onion - 3 tbsp chopped finely
Sugar - 1 tsp
Roasted Jeera Powder - 1/2 tsp
Pepper powder - 1/4 tsp
Chat Masala Powder - 1/4 tsp
Coriander Leaves - 1 tbsp chopped finely
Salt - to taste
Ghee - as required to toast
: 8 hrs
| Cooking Time
: 15 mins
: 4 sandwiches
| Recipe Cuisine
- Take thick curd and pour it in a muslin cloth.Bring the ends of the cloth to the center.Tie it.
- And hang it.Allow the water to drip by itself, do not disturb the setup for an 30mins to 1 hr.Open the collect the hung curd in a bowl and set aside.Soak chana and rajma overnight and pressure cook until soft.I gave 8 whistles for chana and 6 whistles for rajma for pressure cooking.Transfer rajma and chana to a wide mixing bowl.
- Then add all the other ingredients except bread to the mixing bowl and give a gentle toss.Spoon generous mixture of the salad and add it to one side of the bread.
- Close the sandwich with the other bread, press it slightly so that it gets sealed.Heat dosa tawa drizzle ghee and add one sandwich at a time.While one side gets toasted press the sandwich with a flat laddle so that it gets toasted evenly.
- Toast it till golden brown.Flip to other side and cook.Switch off and cut them into triangles and serve.
Serve hot ....yummm!!
- You can add any legumes of your choice.
- You can either toast and make sandwich and use sandwich maker.
- I used white bread, you can use wheat or multigrain bread too.
- Always use a flat laddle to press the sandwich while toasting , this ensures even browning.
- This sandwich has to be served immediately else it will become soggy.
- The mild sweetness gives a nice flavour to the salad so I would recommend adding sugar.