Schezwan Paneer is on my todo list since a year.So when I made homemade schezwan sauce I made a list of items to try with the sauce and I utilized the sauce completely by making quite a few dishes. I always love the semi dry version more than the gravy kind so tried it that way and served it as a starter along with Vanilla Milkshake.
Paneer Schezwan is was spicy sure a better alternate to the usual manchurian recipes
.Schezwan Paneer is almost similar to chilli paneer recipe except for few minor versions.So if you are looking for schezwan paneer gravy version check out this chilli paneer gravy
.I used homemade paneer,
you can use store bought ones too.
Check out fried rice recipes to pair up with schezwan paneer:
Schezwan Chilli Paneer- Ingredients
Preparation Time : 10 mins | Cooking Time : 15 mins | Serves : 2
Paneer - 1/4 cup cubed
Capsicum - 1/4 cup cubed (I used green & yellow capsicum)
Big Onions - 1/2 chopped roughly
Garlic - 1 tsp chopped finely
Ginger - 1/4 tsp finely chopped
Green Chilli - 1 small chopped finely
Soya sauce - 1/8 tsp
Schezwan Sauce - 1 tsp
Tomato sauce - 1 tsp
Pepper powder - 1/4 tsp + 1/4 tsp
Spring Onions(white part) - 1/2 tsp chopped finely
Spring Onions(green part) - 1 tsp + for garnish chopped finely
Water - as required
Oil - 1 tbsp
Salt - to taste
Recipe Category: Starter | Recipe Cuisine: Indo Chinese
For the marinade:
Corn flour - 1 tbsp
Maida - 1 tsp
Pepper powder - 1/4 tsp
Salt - as required
Water - as required to form a paste
- Make a thick batter of the ingredients under 'for the marinade', add paneer to it and coat it well.
- Heat oil in a pan and toast the paneer till golden(You can deep fry them too).Drain it in a tissue paper and set aside. Heat oil in a pan, add spring onion white part,ginger and garlic,fry for a minute.
- Then add green chilli,capsicum saute in high flame for a minute.Then add soya sauce, tomato sauce , schezwan sauce, 1/4 tsp pepper powder and required salt.Mix well then add the remaining cornflour mixture with little water.
- Let the sauce boil for 2mins then add toasted paneer and toss it gently.Finally garnish with chopped spring onion green part and switch off.
Serve as a accompaniment with fried rice or just as a starter .
- If you dont have schezwan sauce in hand, for a instant version add red chillies, ginger and garlic along with little water and grind it to a fine paste.Along with garlic and spring onions add this paste and saute till raw smell leaves.
- You may not end up using the entire maida cornflour paste so use the remaining for making the sauce but add little water to make it runny.
- If you want more gravy then add a extra 1 tsp of cornflour and 1/2 tsp maida mixture with required water to make more sauce.
- You can even add finely chopped green chillies while adding chopped ginger and garlic.
- I used colored capsicum just for adding color to my chilli paneer.You can even add just green capsicum.
- I toasted the paneer in my dosa tawa, you can deep fry in oil too.
- Using freshly ground pepper adds a great flavour to the dish.
Labels: Paneer Dishes, Paneer Recipes, Schezwan Recipes