This garlic chutney is super quick to make and has become one of my favourites.When we were at Chennai in my Sil's place she made this chutney along with other chutneys for breakfast, this chutney was so good that I had it for dinner too....Hubby too loved it and insisted me to ask for the recipe by then I already got the recipe :) After that I have made this chutney many times, its easy and quick to make and one main thing is that it keeps well even for a week so its always handy for me.Sometimes I add this chutney even in gravies to get that garlic flavour :) Check out another version of garlic chutney
that I posted.
I think clicking and making this post took me longer than the making process of this chutney.As you can see it is a chatpata chutney you need just 10mins to make this chutney.It is super spicy so adding gingelly oil is a must and gingelly oil gives a great flavour to this chutney.Garlic lovers should definitely try this chutney!
Garlic Chutney Recipe - Ingredients
Preparation Time : 5 mins | Cooking Time : 5 mins | Serves : 2
Garlic - 5 small pearls
Dry Red Chillies - 5
Tamarind - 1/2 tsp
Gingelly Oil - 1/2 tbsp
Salt - to taste
Recipe Category: Sidedish | Recipe Cuisine: South Indian
- Get all your ingredients ready.Soak red chillies in little hot water and set aside for 15mins.Then take garlic,red chillies, tamarind and required salt in a mixer and grind it.First it will look coarse, add water little by little and proceed grinding.
- Grind it to a fine paste.Heat oil and pour it to the chutney.
Serve with hot idlis / crispy dosas.
- You can even add a pinch of sugar / jaggery while grinding if you prefer it that way.
- This chutney keeps well for a week when refrigerated.
- Do not reduce gingelly oil.
- If you want you can even temper with mustard seeds and curry leaves.
- You can even add the chutney to hot oil and saute for few mins and then switch off, this extends the shelf life more.