I have already posted a handful of tutti frutti cake recipes
but wanted to try a tutti frutti cupcake / muffin to post it here and was looking for recipes.I got a pack of cupcake liners last time we went to Cochin but it is too small to fit in my muffin pan so suddenly thought of a quick idea to use my tart pans to use those mini cupcake liners.I bookmarked this recipe as I knew it would win for sure as it had curd in it as egg replacer and I have had all successful cakes with curd in it. The cupcakes were so soft and moist, I shared it with my neighbor and a friend and have got good appreciations for it that I am planning to bake another batch again to share it with another friend here.
See how soft and spongy it looks, It came out so neatly from the liner as you can see.It tastes great after cooling down. But I couldn't wait to see the texture so had one when it was still warm and I couldn't stop with one:)
Tutti Frutti Cupcakes Recipe - Ingredients
: 15 mins
| Cooking Time
: 20 mins
: 12 mini cupcakes
| Recipe Cuisine
| Recipe Reference
Maida - 3/4 cup
Baking Powder - 1/2 tsp
Tutti Frutti - 1/4 cup
Salt - a tiny pinch
Sugar - 1/3 cup
Oil - 1/8 cup + 1 tbsp
Vanilla Essense - 1/2 tsp
Water - 1/4 cup
Thick Curd - 1/4 cup
Vinegar - 1/2 tbsp
Baking Soda - 1/4 tsp
- Take sugar, oil, vanilla essence and water(Mix 2) in a mixing bowl and whisk it well till sugar dissolves completely.Toss tutti frutti with a tsp of maida and set aside.
- Sieve maida,baking powder and salt twice atleast and take it in a bowl.Reserve a tbsp of tutti frutti and add the rest to it(Mix1) and mix well.
- Take curd in a bowl add baking soda and vinegar to it you will see it foaming up, whisk it well.Now add mix 1 and mix 3 to mix 2 and whisk it well.Preheat oven at 180 deg C.
- Line cupcake liners in a baking tray / muffin pan.Scoop out the batter and fill the cupcake liner upto 3/4th.Then add reserved tutti frutti on top.Bake it at 180 deg C ofor 20-25 mins until a tooth pick inserted in the center of the cupcakes comes out clean , you can also see the golden top.
Cool down and store in airtight container.
- My cupcake liners were too small for my muffin pan so I lined them in my tart moulds.
- The batter is not advisable to rest, just mix and bake it immediately.So plan it accordingly such that you bake the entire batter in a single batch.
- You can add any chopped nuts of your choice.
- You can try the same recipe as cake.
- I halved the recipe and got 12 small cupcakes.
- I used homemade yogurt.
- Use active baking soda which shows by foaming up immediately when you add it to curd.
Labels: Eggless Baking, Eggless Cakes, eggless muffins, Tutti Frutti Cakes