We have pasta
once in a while that 'we' is only hubby and me as mittu is not fond of it...So I make dosa for her when I make pasta for us.Hubby loves pasta and I have seen him enjoy white pasta at restaurants but I love spicy tomato based pasta though we don't order pasta when we dine out.Its just the pasta we have taste in the buffet menu.
I have already tried and posted baked mac and cheese
which we love the most.Last time when I made Arrabiata sauce
I had little leftover so made a pasta bake and we loved it so thought I should make it again and post it.Last weekend we dined at a new restaurant and hubby wanted to order pasta but since it was very late night dinner he held back and went ahead with our usual south indian menu.I thought to surprise my man with his favorite pasta...yesterday I made this pasta bake and served him, He just loved it so much that he even forgot to tell how it was...he was silently digging in. :)
Pasta Bake Recipe - Ingredients
Preparation Time : 10 mins | Cooking Time : 15 mins | Serves : 2
Pasta - 1 and 1/2 cups
Capsicum - 1/3 cup
Pasta Sauce / Arrabiata Sauce - 1/3 cup
Tomato Sauce - 2 tsp
Mozarella Cheese - 1/3 cup
Chilli Flakes - 1/2 tsp
Oregano - 1/4 tsp
Olive oil - 1 tsp
Water - as required
Salt - to taste
Recipe Category: Sidedish | Recipe Cuisine: North Indian
- Cook pasta in water along with little salt and olive oil.Drain water and Set the pasta aside.Chop the capsicum into small cubes and make it ready.
- Once pasta is warm add pasta sauce and mix well.Preheat oven at 200 deg C for 10mins with wirerack inside the oven.Now in a oven proof bowl - spread a layer of pasta with sauce, sprinkle chopped capsicum along with chilli flakes and oregano.Add little tomato sauce.
- Now add half of grated cheese, the again a layer of pasta, sprinkle chopped capsicum along with chilli flakes and oregano.Add little tomato sauce.Sprinkle remaining cheese.
- I had little more pasta so filled up my ramekins with it along with cheese.Now transfer the dishes to the wirerack at 200 deg C for 15-20mins or until the cheese on top turns golden.
- Do not bake for more time as the pasta may become very hard and chewy to eat.
- You can use either store bought pasta sauce or make your own sauce at home.
- I liked the idea of baking in individual portions especially if your kids like pasta then its easy to serve individually.
- Use only oven proof dish.
- I made two layers in the baking dish but in ramekins I just added everything together and finally grated cheese on top alone.
- I used colored capsicum alone, you can add any veggies of your choice.
- If you want a more spicy version add little more arrabiata sauce than the mentioned amount.
Labels: Fusilli Pasta Recipe, Pasta Recipes