I saw pics of french toast roll ups while searching for some interesting french toast recipes, it was a year back and I totally forgot about it.Yesterday after lunch, mittu asked me to make some french toast for her, I knew she was not hungry it was just because she saw the bread loaf lying she asked for it... just like her mother :P So I thought why not try these french toast rollups I was sure that she will love it as it had all ingredients any kids would want to eat.In just 15mins I made these rollups clicked few shots and served it.
Check out other french toast recipes variations:
After tasting should I have to mention about the comments she said, she said paaka cuto cute and sapida supero super.....Yayy I was super happy....:) She couldn't resist when I was clicking and started to grab a roll that's when I clicked the shot.
French Toast Rollups - Ingredients
Preparation Time : 10 mins | Cooking Time : 5 mins / toast | Makes : 4 toasts
Bread - 4 slices (I used milk bread)
Milk - 1/3 cup
Custard Powder - 1/2 tsp
Sugar - 1 tsp + 1/2 tsp
Cinnamon powder / Coco powder - 1/4 tsp
Vanilla Essence - 1/8 tsp
Ghee - As required to toast
Recipe Category: Main | Recipe Cuisine: World
- Take sugar in a plate, add cinnamon / coco powder to it and mix well,Set aside.Now in a wide bowl add milk along with custard powder.
- Add 1/2 tsp sugar , vanilla essence and whisk it well,Set aside.Now trim the edges of the bread and roll it with a chapathi roller to flatten it all sides.
- Spread your favorite jam on the bread and start rolling from one edge till you reach the other end.
- Roll it up ans seal the edge well, just make sure it sticks well.Now prepare all the rolls and keep it ready.Now dip each doll in the milk custard powder mixture.
- Heat dosa tawa,drizzle ghee add the bread rolls and toast it well.Roll over and toast so that it gets toasted evenly.When its golden brown, remove and add it immediately to the sugar mixture and roll it so that the sugar gets coated.Repeat the same for the other bread slices too.
Serve hot or warm !
- The actual french toast rollups is with eggs but I made it eggles no specific reason just felt to make it eggless thats it.You can very well replace the custard powder milk mixture with just eggs and vanilla essence.
- Adjust sugar according to your taste.I used milk bread so I skipped any sugar to the milk mixture.As we have sugar coating it was apt.
- You can replace white sugar with demerara sugar too.
- Mittu is not fond of cinnamon flavour so I added coco powder but its your preference purely.
- While dipping the bread slices, just dip it well so that its coated well on both sides.Don't let it rest then it will become soggy and will start sticking to the pan.
- You can add any filling of your choice nutella or cheese or peanut butter or with any fruits too.
- I used mixed fruit jam you can use any favorite filling.
Labels: Kids Corner, Kids Recipes