Spiced Buttermilk is a refreshing summer drink, this is a spicy version a different take to the usual neer more we make.Buttermilk is a must during summer as its such a great body coolant and when spices are added to the plain buttermilk and served chilled, then what more do you want?!
Other Buttermilk Recipes:
Masala More Recipe - Ingredients
Preparation Time : 5 mins | Cooking Time : 5 mins | Serves : 2
Thick Curd - 1 cup chilled
Water - 1 cup
Coriander leaves - 2 tsp finely chopped
More Milagai - 1
Salt - to taste
Recipe Category: Buttermilk | Recipe Cuisine: Kerala
Oil - 1 tsp
Mustard Seeds - 1/4 tsp
To grind together:
Green Chilli - 1/2
Curry Leaves - 3 leaves torn into pieces
Ginger - 1/4 inch piece
- Whisk the curd well .Transfer curd to mixing bowl then add water and whisk it well.Add salt and Set aside.
- In a mixer add curry leaves,ginger and green chillies grind it coarsely.Now in a tadka pan heat oil add mustard seeds and let it splutter.
- Fry more milagai and set aside.Now add the green chilli mixture to curd.Add the tempering.
- Crush and add more milagai. Mix well.Add chopped coriander leaves.Adjust salt and serve chilled.
- If you want you can strain it and drink, the flavours will still be there.
- Spice level can be adjusted according to your preference.
- More Milagai is Dry Marinated Chillies.Adding more milagai gives nice flavour to the buttermilk.
- You can even add chopped mint leaves for extra flavour.
Labels: buttermilk, Summer Drinks