Yayyy Now I have another easy pizza that I can make anytime.Though I make some onion capsicum cheese topping with leftover chapathis, heat it up and serve, I have never thought of this chapati pizza idea.I saw this recipe in Divyas space
and instantly loved it, with my slight variations I tried it and it was a instant hit.After that I've made it so many times for mittu when she screams for snacks at odd timings.As I always have chapathi dough stored, it becomes handy when I want to make this chapati pizza.
I have already posted oothapam pizza and now this chapati pizza is gona be a hit with your kids for sure.Do try this and let me know how they like it!
The chapathi dough and the pizza sauce can be made and stored well ahead of time if you are planning this for a gettogether or for a party.I used homemade chilli flakes
Chapati Pizza Recipe - Ingredients
Preparation Time : 10 mins | Cooking Time : 15 mins | Makes : 2 to 3 pizzas
Chapathi Flour - 1 cup
Salt - to taste
Water - as required
Onion - 2 tbsp chopped lengthwise
Capsicum - 1/3 cup chopped lengthwise
Boiled Sweet Corn - 1/4 cup
Grated Cheese - 1/4 cup
Oil - to toast
Recipe Category: Snack | Recipe Cuisine: Indian
For the sauce:
Oil - 1 tsp
Salt - to taste
Garlic - 12 tsp finely chopped
Big Onion - 1/2 cup
Tomato - 1 big sized
Tomato Sauce - 1 tbsp
Chilli Flakes - 1 tsp + little while serving
Oregano - 1/4 tsp
Pepper powder - 1/8 tsp
- In a wide mixing bowl add wheat flour, salt and first give a quick mix for salt to be even. Then add water little by little, gather to form a soft pliable dough.Once it is gathered to a mass add 1/2 tsp oil and knead it once.The dough should not be too tight or too loose, it should be non sticky at this stage.Allow it to rest for a while until we prepare the sauce.
- Blanch tomatoes till its skin starts to peel off by itself, drain water, remove the skin and trim the edge.Cut into half and transfer to a mixer.
- Grind it to a smooth puree without adding water.Set aside.Heat oil in a kadai - add garlic and saute till golden brown, then add onion and saute till transparent.
- Then add tomato puree and let it boil for 3mins.Then add tomato sauce,pepper powder,chilli flakes and oregano and let it cook until the sauce is thick.Once the sauce comes together to a thick spreadable consistency switch off and set aside.
- Get ready with your ingredients.Toast capsicum in 1/2 tsp oil till it shrinks a bit.Take chapathi dough and start rolling into slightly thick chapathi's.
- Heat a pan, cook chapathi on both sides.I removed the tawa from flame and then arranged the toppings.Spread the sauce.
- Spread the veggies, such that it covers the whole chapathi.Finally add grated cheese and then carefully transfer the tawa to flame.Cook covered till cheese melts.
- When you open the cheese should be goey.Sprinkle oregano, pepper powder and transfer to serving plate.
Use pizza cutter to cut into wedges and enjoy it hot.
- Make sure you cook in low flame after the topping is added as the bottom may get burnt.
- You can arrange the topping keeping it in the tawa itself, but since I had to click stepwise I brought it back to my counter,then arranged clicked the steps then placed it on the tawa.I used my thin iron tawa so the heat was quick.
- Makes around 3-4 pizzas.
- Do not make very thin base, it may get burnt easily.Don't make it thick it will be very hard and chewy.
- You can even add any other vegetable of your choice.
- I used amul cube cheese,
- Be creative and use your own topping idea, I have just given my suggestion. :)
Labels: Pizza Recipes