Aloo Mutter is a simple North Indian style curry that goes well with both rice and roti.I have already posted a aloo matar gravy version so this one is with no tomatoes a dry sabzi.
I tried this recipe with my favorite blending ingredient curd excluding tomatoes, I added amchur powder and kitchen king masala which is new in my cooking as suggested by my North Indian friend. I served this with Lachha Paratha
for mittu and we had it with phulkas. Mittu who is not very fond of dry subzis loved this to the core, yes amchur powder did the magic.
Aloo Matar Masala Recipe
Preparation Time:10 minutes | Cooking Time : 15 mins | Serves:2
Potato - 2 medium sized
Green Peas - 1/4 cup tightly packed
Big Onion - 2 tbsp finely chopped
Amchur powder - 1/2 heaped tsp
Coriander leaves - just for garnish
Salt - to taste
Recipe Category: Sidedish | Recipe Cuisine: North Indian
For the marinade:
Curd - 1/4 cup
Red Chilli powder - 1 tsp
Kitchen King Masala powder - 1 tsp
Garam masala powder - 1/2 tsp
Coriander powder - 1 tsp
Salt - to taste
Oil - 1 tsp + 2 tsp
Jeera - 3/4 tsp
Garlic - 2 tsp finely chopped
- Rinse potatoes, pressure cook for 3 whistles peel off the skin and chop them into bite sized cubes,Set aside.In a mixing bowl add the ingredients listed under 'for the marinade' along with potato and peas.Mix well and leave it to marinade for atleast 30mins.
- In a pan heat oil - add the items listed under 'to temper' allow it to crackle,then add garlic and fry till its golden.Then add onion, saute till transparent.Then add the veggies along with the masala.
- Saute well till the raw smell of masalas go, then drizzle water and cook covered until potatoes and peas are soft.Drizzle oil if it sticks to the bottom.
- Finally add amchur powder and give a quick stir.Cook in simmer for atleast 5-7mins, finally garnish with coriander leaves and switch off.
Serve hot with roti / rice or any pulao of your choice.
- Potato takes time to cook so I half cooked it then added it to cook along with peas so that both the veggies are cooked perfectly.
- If you don't have kitchen king masala then skip it.
- I used fresh green peas...you can use frozen or even try with dried variety.But soak dry peas overnight , then add it.
Labels: North Indian