Kadai Vegetable Recipe is similar to other kadai based gravies with mixed vegetables in it.Hope by now you all might have known about my love for any kadai based gravies, and this kadai vegetable restaurant style recipe is added to the list. I made this Kadai Vegetable gravy last week to finish of some leftover veggies and color capsicum.I think the freshly ground masalas give such a nice aroma to the kadai gravies which I like the most.
Check out other kadai based gravies:
Kadai Vegetable Gravy Recipe - Ingredients
Preparation Time : 15 mins | Cooking Time : 25 mins | Serves : 2
Mixed Vegetables * - 1 cup
Paneer - 1/4 cup cubed
Capsicum - 1/2 cup chopped (I used colored)
Big Onion - 1/2 cup chopped finely + 2 tbsp cubed
Tomatoes - 2 medium sized
Fresh Cream - 3 tbsp
Green chilli - 1 tsp finely chopped
Ginger garlic paste - 1 tbsp
Garam masala powder - 1/2 tsp
Kasoori methi - 1/2 tsp
Coriander leaves - 2 tsp chopped finely
Oil - 3 tsp
Salt- to taste
Recipe Category: Sidedish | Recipe Cuisine: North Indian
To roast & grind:Red Chillies - 2
Jeera - 1/2 tsp
Coriander Seeds - 2 tsp
* I used Cauliflower,Carrot and Peas
- Dry roast the ingredients listed under 'to roast & grind' cool down completely and then coarse grind it.I used my mortar and pestle to coarse grind it.Set aside.Chop tomatoes roughly and take it in a mixer.
- Grind it for a fine paste without adding water,Set aside.Chop your veggies and rinse it well.I used my Tupperware Steam it.
- Steam the vegetables until soft yet crunchy enough to bite,Set aside.Heat oil in a pan - add green chillies and ginger garlic paste saute for 2mins.
- Then add onion and saute till transparent then add the chilli coriander powder and saute well for 3mins.Then add tomato paste.
- Let it boil till raw smell leaves.Then add garam masala powder,required salt and boil for 2 mins.Then add 1/2 cup water.
- Add steam cooked vegetables and let it for 3-5mins in low flame.
- When the gravy starts giving a nice aroma, and the consistency is semi thick add paneer, then add fresh cream and mix well.
- Toast capsicum and onion in little oil and add it to the gravy.Mix well and boil for 2mins.Finally garnish with coriander leaves and switch off.
Serve with phulka or veg pulao or plain steamed basmati rice.
I loved the steam cooking method as the veggies retained the color and taste too.
- You can even pressure cook / cook the vegetables in boiling water but make sure the veggies are crunchy and also keep in mind they are going to get further cooked in gravy too.
- You can use any vegetbale of your choice like potato,baby corn, mushroom etc but make sure to cook them as per the cooking time each vegetable takes.
- This is medium spicy with the measurement I have given. You can adjust according to your taste buds.
- Adding cream gives a creamy and rich restaurant flavour.I used homemade fresh cream.
- The consistency should be flowing and creamy.
- You can add half and half milk and fresh cream.
- Toasting capsicum, onion and adding at the final stage gives a nice crunch as in restaurants.
- Adding paneer is purely optional.
- I used homemade paneer so it was very soft and absorbed the flavour well.
Labels: Gravies for Rotis