Paneer Paratha is made atleast twice a month to pack for the lunchbox but somehow it gets missed to get pictured everytime I make it.The urge of this post is actually after tasting paneer paratha at a restaurant
which was so pathetic that the next day I made this and clicked it.When I saw the menu card that read Paneer Paratha with Chole , I was very tempted and ordered it thinking that mittu will also share it with me as she loves paneer paratha made at home.But it was a disappointing day, both the paneer paratha and chole was so average...Mittu just tasted one mouth and refused to eat further so I had to push it inside.
I make another version with vegetables and paneer , will share that soon.You can check out other paratha recipes here
Paneer Paratha Recipe - Ingredients
Preparation Time : 20 mins | Cooking Time : 5 mins per paratha | Makes : 5 parathas
Wheat Flour - 1 cup
Crumbled Paneer - 1/2 cup
Red Chilli Powder - 1 tsp
Roasted Jeera Powder - 1/2 tsp
Chat Masala powder - a tiny pinch
Garam Masala Powder - 1 tsp
Coriander Leaves - 1 tbsp finely chopped
Salt - to taste
Oil/ Ghee - to toast
Recipe Category: Main | Recipe Cuisine: North Indian
- In a wide mixing bowl add wheat flour, salt and first give a quick mix for salt to be even. Then add water little by little, gather to form a soft pliable dough.Once it is gathered to a mass add 1/2 tsp oil and knead it once.The dough should not be too tight or too loose, it should be non sticky at this stage.Allow it to rest for a while until we prepare the sauce.
- Crumble paneer well with your hands, add all the spice powders, coriander leaves and salt.Mix well and set aside.
- Now pinch a lemon sized ball , Flour the surface and roll the chappathi dough slightly thicker..Spoon the paneer mixture may be 2-3 tsp.Gather the dough from all sides like shown below.
- Seal it completely, flip over and press it well with your hands so that the stuffing is even on all sides.Then roll into slightly thin parathas as per your preference, dust flour then and there to avoid sticking.
- Heat a dosa pan and carefully transfer the paratha, drizzle oil / ghee .Once it starts to bubble on one side,Flip over to other side and cook till brown spots appear here and there.It will start puffing up when we press it.Cook well on both sides.
Serve hot with any pickle of your choice or with curd!
- The spices are mild here if you want you can add a little more to make it spicy.
- I used homemade fresh paneer so it was easy to crumble.If you are using frozen paneer then thaw it first then crumble it.
- Roll your parathas thick or thin as you like it.
- While rolling for the first time don't give more pressure in the center as the filling is going to be placed in the center and rolled again so make sure the center part is little thicker.
- While making parathas always keep the flame in medium high and keep adjusting so that the parathas cook perfectly and soft too.
Labels: Paneer Dishes, Paneer Recipes, Rotis and Parathas