Grape Ice is one of my favs during our school days.Next to rosemilk popsicle
, this grape ice and pista ice are my most favorite.In grape popsicle they add a special grape essence which is so flavourful that even now I can sense the taste of it.But I couldn't get the essense here, so made it without essence, and the fresh grapes popsicle were so refreshing to eat that it kindled my school memories.You can even cut the grapes into halves and add it to the popsicle as thats the way we had tasted.
I asked hubby to pick up nice pulpy grapes which is of dark blackish red so that it gives a nice bright vine pink color to the popsicles, oh yeah I am crazy of this grape popsicle color, its soo cool right?! :)As its summer, I am putting my popsicle moulds to good use and we are enjoying these fresh popsicles at home, sure better than the fatty creamy icecreams what say?! :)
Grape Popsicle Recipe
Preparation Time:7 hrs | Processing Time : 10 mins | Makes:6 small popsicles
Grapes - 2 cups
Water - 1/2 to 3/4 cup
Sugar - 1/3 cup
Recipe Category: Popsicles | Recipe Cuisine: Indian
- Remove the grapes from its stem, rinse it well.Transfer it to a blender / mixer.
- Grind it well without adding water. Strain through a metal strainer.Extract the juice completely.
- Then add water and sugar mix well with a spoon for the sugar to dissolve well.
- Transfer to a container with a sharp beak so that pouring to popsicle mould is easy.Now fill the popsicle till 3/4 th.If you want you can add sliced grapes at this stage.
- Cling wrap it with aluminum foil,Carefully prick with a knife then insert icecream sticks.Alternately you can even close it with your popsicle mould lid itself.Freeze it for atleast 8 hrs.Then take it out and carefully show the outer surface under running tap water.Carefully pull out the popsicles.
- Dont have a popsicle mould?! dont worry use disposable plastic cups or even thick paper cups cling wrap aluminium foil and us icecream sticks and freeze it.It demoulds easily or you can even cut the cups to get the popsicles out.
- I would recommend adding grape slices in popsicle moulds.As mittu doesn't like it that way, I skipped adding it.
- Adjust sugar according to the sourness of grapes.
- Choose some pulpy grapes which gives a nice color and flavour.
- Freezing for atleast 6 hrs is required but I kept it overnight.
- For easy demoulding - show the popsicle moulds in warm water, then pull the stick out slowly to get the ice pops clean.
Labels: grape recipes, popsicles