Jal jeera / Jaljeera is a famous drink from North India made during summer and for Holi festival.Jal jeera is nothing but abbreviated form of Jal - Water and Jeera - Cumin Seeds.I loved the flavour and tanginess of the drink and is perfect for summers.It is very tangy and has a strong flavour from all the spices and spice powders. The taste is more like the pani we taste with pani puri
and so pani puri lovers am sure you are going to love this too.You can make this and store, have it as a summer drink or have it as pani puri :)
Preparation Time:15 minutes | Cooking Time : 0 mins | Serves:4
Water - 3 and 1/2 cups
Mint Leaves - 1/8 cup tightly packed
Coriander Leaves - 1/8 cup tightly packed
Ginger - a small piece
Lemon Juice - 1 tsp
Cumin Seeds - 1/2 tsp
Tamarind - 1 tbsp
Boondi - just for garnish
Sugar - 1 tsp
Roasted Jeera Powder - 1/4 tsp
Black Salt - 1/8 tsp(I used normal salt)
Amchur Powder - 1/8 tsp
Chat Masala Powder - 1/4 tsp
Recipe Category: Drink | Recipe Cuisine: North Indian
- Get all your ingredients ready.Soak tamarind in little water.Now add the ingredients except the spice powders and lemon to a mixer.
- Sprinkle little water and Grind it to a paste.Chill water for atleast an hour.Now place a strainer over the bowl containing water and strain it.
- Keep straining till you see a thick pulp without any water content.Now add the spice powders along with sugar and add lemon juice.Mix well.
Garnish with boondi and Serve chilled!
- This keeps well atleast for a week if refrigerated.
- You can add little more sugar if you feel its very tangy.
- This keeps well for a week if refrigerated.
Labels: Summer Drinks, summer specials