Soya Chunks Manchurian is an excellent starter made with soya nuggets / soya chunks / mealmaker.If you are serving it with any fried rice you can make it gravy kind, if served as started make it dry or semi saucy as per your preference.Manchurian recipes are hubbys favorite.
Check out more manchurian recipes already posted :
Soya Chunks Manchurian Recipe - Ingredients
Preparation Time : 15 mins | Cooking Time : 20 mins | Serves : 2
Recipe Category: Side dish / Starter | Recipe Cuisine: Indo Chinese
For the batter :Soya Chunks - 1 cup chopped
Cornflour - 3 tbsp
Maida - 2 tbsp
Pepper powder - 1 tsp
Red chilly powder - 3/4 tsp
Salt - to taste
Oil - to toast
For the manchurian:Oil - 1 tbsp
Capsicum - 1/2 cup cubed
Garlic - 1 tbsp chopped finely
Big Onion - 3 tbsp finely chopped
Soya sauce - 1/4 tsp
Red Chilli Sauce - 1/2 tsp
Tomato Sauce - 1 tbsp
Schezwan Sauce - 1/2 tsp (optional)
Pepper powder - 1/4 tsp
Tomato sauce - 2 tbsp mixed with a tsp of water
Cornflour - 1/2 tsp mixed with 2 tbsp water
Salt - to taste
Spring onions(white part)- 1 tbsp white part
Spring onions(green part) - 2 tbsp green part
- Boil water, switch off and add soya chunks to it and keep aside for 10mins till it grows in size.Then rinse it well in cold water atleast 2-3 times.
- Squeeze out excess water and chop each chunk to 2 pieces and Set aside.In a mixing bowl take cornflour,maida,red chilli powder,pepper powder and salt.Add little water to make a smooth paste.
- Dip each soya chunk into it and fry it in a pan with little oil.You can deep fry it too.Drain it in tissue paper and set aside.
- Get ready with the ingredients.I mixed the sauces and kept it ready.First heat a pan with oil add garlic and spring onion white part, saute for few mins.
- Then add onion, saute for a while till its transparent then add capsicum and saute for 2mins.Then add the sauces along with cornflour water mixture.Add required salt.
- Bring the sauce to a quick boil. Add fried soya chunks, pepper powder and give a toss for the sauce to coat well. Garnish with remaining spring onions green part, give a quick mix and serve hot.
Serve hot with any fried rice of your choice or just as a starter.Serve immediately before it becomes soggy.
- Don't skip spring onions as it gives a nice flavour.
- Adding onions is purely optional, you can skip that too.
- Chilli sauce and soy sauce forms the base for any manchurian. I used schezwan sauce as I had homemade sauce ready but its optional.
- The consistency is purely your choice, you can make it saucy like how I have did or make it dry too.
- Always serve hot as it may turn soggy when resting time is given.
- Adding cornflour water mixture is purely optional - this is just to make the sauce thick.
- Make sure not to saute the veggies for a long time in the sauce as the veggies need to be crunchy.
- Dont add more soya sauce than the mentioned amount else it will change the taste and make the manchurian more darker in color.
- I used big soya nuggets , you can use the smaller ones too.
Labels: Soya chunks recipes