Granita is a perfect treat for summer that too with fresh fruits and no ingredients to add on calories it is healthy too.I had some grapes remaining after making grape popsicles so made granita and sorbet with it.After trying watermelon granita
, I havent tried any granita recipes so this summer tried this grape granita and so here is the grape granita recipe.
Grape Granita Recipe
Preparation Time:7 hrs | Processing Time : 10 mins | Makes:6 small Granitas
Grapes - 1 cup
Water - 1/3 cup
Sugar - 1/4 cup
Recipe Category: Granitas | Recipe Cuisine: Indian
- Remove the grapes from its stem, rinse it well.Transfer it to a blender / mixer.
- Grind it well without adding water. Strain through a metal strainer.Extract the juice completely.
- Then add water and sugar mix well with a spoon for the sugar to dissolve well.
- Transfer to a freezer proof container.Freeze it for atleast 8 hrs.Use a fork to scrap the mixture and serve it immediately.
- Fork helps to scrap and give nice texture than a spoon so I recommend using a fork to scrap.
- Adjust sugar according to the sourness of grapes.
- Choose some pulpy grapes which gives a nice color and flavour.
- Freezing for atleast 6 hrs is required but I kept it overnight.
Labels: black grapes recipes, granita recipes, grape recipes, summer specials