Chilli Potatoes is a popular Indo Chinese Recipe liked by all as potato is a universally liked vegetable.I saw this Schezwan Chilli Potatoes Recipe once in a TV channel by SK, I didn't jot down the recipe as it was more like our manchurian , so could easily remember the ingredients and the method of making.I tried this when I had homemade schezwan sauce in stock,Schezwan Recipes are known for its spicy flavour and this one is no exception to it, so pairs up well with any mild fried rice.
Check out mushroom fried rice
, egg fried rice
and veg fried rice
Check out more manchurian recipes already posted :
Schezwan Chilli Potatoes Recipe - Ingredients
Preparation Time : 15 mins | Cooking Time : 20 mins | Serves : 2
Potatoes - 2 small
Cornflour - 1 tbsp
Pepper powder - 1 tsp
Salt - to taste
Oil - 1 tbsp
Recipe Category: Sidedish / Starter | Recipe Cuisine: Indo Chinese
For the manchurian:Oil - 3 tsp
Spring onions(white part) - 1/2 tbsp white part
Vinegar - 1/8 tsp(optional)
Garlic - 1 tbsp chopped finely
Green Chilli - 1/2 chopped finely
Big Onion - 2 tbsp finely chopped
Capsicum - 1/4 cup cubed
Soya sauce - 1/4 tsp
Tomato Sauce - 1 tbsp
Schezwan Sauce - 1 tsp
Cornflour - 1/2 tsp mixed with 2 tbsp water
Salt - to taste
Spring onions(green part) - 1 tbsp green part
- Wash potatoes well, peel off the skin.Slice them and chop them into wedges.Rinse it well to remove excess starch in potatoes.
- In a mixing bowl take cornflour,pepper powder and salt.Sprinkle little water just for binding, mix well.In a pan heat oil and pan fry the potatoes.Alternative you can deep fry them too.Add them in batches and fry till golden.
- Drain in tissue paper and set aside.Heat oil in the same pan - add chopped garlic,,spring onion white part and saute for 2mins.Then add onion, capsicum,green chillies and fry for 2mins.
- Now add soya sauce,green chilli sauce and schezwan sauce, mix well and cook for a minute.Then add little water and cornflour water and bring it to a semi thick saucy consistency.Add little salt.
- Now add fried potatoes and give a toss, finally garnish with spring onion green part, give a toss and switch off.
Serve hot with any fried rice of your choice or just as a starter.Serve immediately before it becomes soggy.
- Don't skip green chillies, I fine chopped it so that it doesn't come in mouth while eating.
- Don't add more water while mixing with potatoes, just sprinkle little water to get a binding.
- I pan fried potatoes but alternatively you can deep fry them too.
- This is medium spicy, adjust schezwan sauce according to your spice level preference.
- Adding onions is purely optional, you can skip that too.
- I used homemade schezwan sauce.
- The consistency is purely your choice, you can make it saucy like how I have did or make it dry too.
- Always serve hot as it may turn soggy when resting time is given.
- Adding cornflour water mixture is purely optional - this is just to make the sauce thick.
- Don't add more soya sauce than the mentioned amount else it will change the taste and make the manchurian more darker in color.
Labels: Schezwan Recipes