It is my long time wish to try mor milagai, usually we buy it from supermarkets.This summer mor milagai was the first summer special I tried and the next was vadams
but I posted vadams first.I just tried a small batch as nobody is so fond of it except me and amma can have it occasionally.I love to have with kanji, neeragaram
, kambu koozh
or just curd rice
Mor Milagai is nothing green chillies soaked in curd , salt and sundried till crispy.It is one of the popular condiments in South Indian Cuisine.
Mor Milagai Recipe - Ingredients
Preparation Time : 8 hrs soaking time | Processing Time : 20 mins | Makes : 1 cup
Green Chillies - 30 chillies
Sour Curd - 1 cup
Salt - 3 tsp
Recipe Category: Sidedish | Recipe Cuisine: South Indian
- I took about 30 chillies which came around 1 cup.Slit open each chilli for the salt and curd to get inside, set aside.Take curd in a wide mixing bowl.
- Whisk the curd well.Marinate the chillies.Add salt and mix well.
- Set aside overnight.Then next day morning take the chillies and spread it in a plate and keep it under sun the whole day.
- Then again take the chillies and soak it in curd.Keep it marinated the whole day.Then next day sun dry it.Repeat this process for atleast 4 days then sun dry it for a week atleast, depends on the sunlight you receive.It may look ripe after 3-4 days don't worry just keep drying it in sun.I transferred to a plate after 3 days of drying.
- Sun dry it till its completely dry.Then store in a airtight container and fry when you need it.Heat oil in a tadka pan, once oil is hot add few chillies and fry till dark brown.
Serve with curd rice!
- If the curd is very thick dilute it little.I used homemade curd which was apt.
- You can use any variety of green chilli.I used the long stout variety.You can even use thin variety.
- Use a clean laddle to mix , don't use your hands.
- It is a must to soak it atleast for 4 days so that curd and salt to get inside.
- Store in airtight container and refrigerate it.You can even keep this upto a year .
- While frying, once oil is heated up, lower the flame and then fry the chillies to avoid burning.
Labels: Homemade at SharmisPassions, How to's