Orange Yogurt Popsicles, Yes its raining popsicles at home.I always wanted to try layered popsicles and googled around and when I saw all those rainbow layers I was so fascinated but knew it was really tough for me to wait and set 4-5 layers for a popsicle so first thought to give a try with 2 layers first and orange, yogurt was my choice.I have already tried mango yogurt popsicles
but that had a marbled effect as I poured both the layers alternatively and kept it for freezing.
Many readers kept asking me details regarding where to buy popsicle moulds as they are not able to locate it in their place, so for all those who don't have popsicle moulds here is a very easy way to make popsicles using paper cups, It came out soo good, infact it got demoulded effortlessly.
You can try this layered popsicle with any of your favorite seasonal fruits like strawberry,mango,kiwi,watermelon etc.
Orange Yogurt Popsicle Recipe
Preparation Time:8 hrs | Processing Time : 0 mins | Makes:5 popsicles
Thick Curd - 1 and 1/4 cup
Oranges - 5
Sugar - 3 tbsp + 3 tbsp
Water - as required
Orange Zest - 1/4 tsp
Recipe Category: Popsicles | Recipe Cuisine: Indian
- Take curd in a blender, add sugar and orange zest,whisk it well.Fill 1/4 of the popsicle mould with curd mixture.I used a papercup as well to try this popsicle.
- Wrap it with a aluminium foil and freeze it for 3 hours.Meanwhile squeeze orange juice plus the pulp.
- Add sugar,little water and mix well, Keep it ready.After 3 hours check if the first layer is set , now carefully add the orange juice till almost 3/4th of the popsicle mould and the paper cup.
- Once the mould is filled, close it with the lids.For papercup I used aluminum foil again and used a icecream stick.Freeze for atleast 8 hrs or overnight.
- Then carefully show the bottom part in running tap water, set aside undisturbed for atleast 2-3mins then slowly remove the popsicles.
- If the first layer is not set up properly then while pouring orange juice it will get mixed up so make sure the first layer is set perfectly.
- Always wrap the mould with aluminum foil / cling wrap to avoid water infection.
- If you like yogurt more then fill it up till 1/2 and reduce the juice layer and viceversa, depends purely on your liking.
- Freezing for atleast 8 hrs is required but I kept it overnight.
- For easy demoulding - show the popsicle moulds in warm water, then pull the stick out slowly to get the ice pops clean.
- Adjust sugar according to the sweetness of the fruit and sourness of the yogurt.