Aamras Recipe - Aamras is nothing but mango pulp slightly flavoured. 'Aam' means Mango and 'Ras' means juice so ammras is nothing but mango juice.Traditional aamras is served with poori. As the mango season is going to end , I wanted to try this easy and yummy dish.It can be served as dessert or as a sidedish for Poori
Choose ripe sweet juicy mangoes for aamras.I used senthooram mangoes and it was so juicy and yum.You can use neelam,alphonso or such varieties that are juicy and not fibrous for making aamras.
Last week I made poori for mittus lunchbox, so combined this aamras click as well. :) I packed poori masala for her and made aamras for us.Check out other mango recipes
Preparation Time:10 mins | Processing Time : 5 mins | Serves:2
Mangoes - 2 small
Sugar - 2 tsp
Cardamom - 1/2
Saffron - few strands
Recipe Category: Sidedish | Recipe Cuisine: Indian
- I used Senthooram mangoes, use nice ripe mangoes the smaller variety will be perfect for making aamras.Peel off the skin and chop them roughly into cubes.Take a mixer jar - add mangoes,cardamom,saffron.
- Add sugar and blend it well to a smooth paste.You can add 2 tsp milk if you prefer.
- Adding milk while blending is optional , its purely your preference.
- As we are adding sugar, it will thin the puree so no need to add water.
- If you prefer you can add any nuts of your choice but traditional aamras is just plain.
- Choose mangoes that are juicy and not fibrous.
- Adjust sugar according to the sweetness of mangoes.Add more sugar if the mangoes are tangy.
Labels: Mango Recipes