I have been making this chocolate glaze recipe since 2 yrs whenever I make birthday cakes for hubby and mittu. I am always reluctant to try heavy frosting with butter, cream etc So when I was searching for making a quick and simple glaze for mittus birthday cake 2 yrs back, happened to see this recipe and after that most of the cakes that I bake for family occassions will have this frosting as the lil one demands it.This is quick and handy which is originally from Hersheys website and I have tried this glaze with cakes,cupcakes and even for cookies, works perfect.I used this frosting for buttermilk chocolate cake that I made, will post the recipe by next week.
Chocolate Glaze Recipe
Powdered Sugar - 1/2 cup
Butter - 1 heaped tbsp
Coco powder - 1 tbsp
Water - 1 tbsp
Vanilla Essence - 1/4 tsp
| Processing Time
: 20 mins
| Recipe Cuisine
Recipe Reference: KitchenTrials
- Take powdered sugar and coco powder in a mixing bowl, whisk it well.Add water.
- In a container add butter and melt it in low flame, it should be just melted.Switch off and add it to sugar coco mixture.Add vanilla essence.
- Mix well with a whisk, it will look very thin further mixing and cooling down makes it thick.
Your glaze is ready to be used for cakes / cookies.
- Don't melt the butter for more time, it will become ghee ;) Just melt it for 2 seconds thats enough.
- Plus or minus water to adjust the consistency of the glaze.
- Double the measures if you are making for a big cake.
- The consistency is pourable as soon as its done.Once it is let to cool down it is spreadable though it will more fudgy.
- You can refrigerate it for atleast a week and when you want to apply it, just add little hot water and whisk it to get the desired consistency.
- You can replace powdered sugar with icing sugar too.
- Just powder the sugar in a dry mixer.
Labels: chocolate recipes, frosting recipes