I love to experiment chocolate cake recipes that too eggless so when I saw this recipe in PJ's site(link below) I quickly watsapped her asking few queries and the next day I baked this cake.Mittu loved it so much that she said to reserve few for her snack box too.
I loved the texture of this cake, not too moist not too dry perfect as a snack by itself or dipped with chocolate glaze
, it tastes soo good.
I got this mini bundt mould from Popad Jammal and this is my first silicon full cake mould.
Eggless Buttermilk Chocolate Cake Recipe
All purpose flour(Maida) - 1 cup
Cocoa powder- 3 tbsp
Powdered sugar- 3/4 cup
Instant coffee powder - 1 tsp
Vanilla Essence - 1/4 tsp(optional)
Curd 4 tbsp mixed in 1 cup water,whisked well
Baking soda- 1 tsp
Melted butter- 2 tbsp
Salt -a pinch
| Baking Time
: 15 mins
:10 mini bundt cakes
| Recipe Cuisine
- Mix curd with water and whisk it well, then add vanilla essence and mix well.Measure and take maida in a bowl.
- Add coco powder and baking soda.
- Add instant coffee powder and whisk it well.Then add powdered sugar and mix well using a whisk.
- Melt butter, cool down then add it to buttermilk, then slowly add the dry ingredients in batches.Keep whisking.
- Whisk well so that there are no lumps.The batter will be very runny and will be in piurable consistency.Brush your baking tin / mould.I used my mini bundt silicon mould.Preheat oven at 180 deg C for 10mins.
- Pour till half of the stick in the middle.Place the mould on wirerack and bake for 12-15 mins.Cool down then demould.
Cool don then pour chocolate glaze and add sprinklers, enjoy!
- It is just powdered not icing sugar. I just powdered normal sugar in mixie.
- Pour glaze only after the cake cools down.
- I love adding vanilla essence to all my chocolate cakes so added it, but its purely optional.
- The orginal recipe calls for 1/2 cup powdered sugar but I felt sweet less so have mentioned a little more.
- The cake tastes good even without the glaze but adding it takes it to new level :)
- You can even bake this cake in a cake mold / loaf pan in that case it may take more time to bake may be 30-35mins.
- Make sure to add melted butter only after it is cooled completely.And also whisk it well once added to buttermilk.
- Using slightly thick buttermilk gives great texture.
- My bundt mould is small so I got 10 mini bundt cakes.