Eggless Choco Chip Cookies is one of my best baking trials so far and is my most favorite cookie recipe. I love trying variations with choco chip cookies, I have already posted a eggless choco chip cookies recipe
but wanted to try the spread around cookie type which has a different texture.I always wanted to try this type of choco chip cookies and finally I got my perfect recipe, so sharing it here.
I experimented the base recipe
few times and finally ended up with this recipe and I can definitely say this is one of the best choco chip cookies I've baked so far.
I made these long back and now craving for some warm homemade choco chip cookies.This eggless version of choco chip cookies is very easy that even a beginner in baking can try it.Next on my try list is going to be a egg version of choco chip cookies.
Eggless Choco Chip Cookies Recipe - Ingredients
Preparation Time : 15 mins | Baking Time : 15 mins | Makes : 12 cookies
Maida - 1/2 cup
Demerara sugar - 1/4 cup
Unsalted Butter - 1/4 cup
Chocolate chips - 1/4 cup
Baking soda - 1/4 tsp
Baking Powder - 1/8 tsp
Salt - 1/8 tsp
Milk / Water - 1 tbsp
Vanilla essence - 1/2 tsp
Recipe Category: Cookies | Recipe Cuisine: World
- Measure and take demerara sugar, grind it to a fine powder,Set aside.In a mixing bowl add maida,baking powder,baking soda,salt and whisk it well for even mixing.
- In another bowl take powdered sugar and butter, cream it until fluffy using a hand whisk.Then add vanilla essence and mix well.
- Add flour mixture and bring it together to form a soft dough, add a tbsp of milk / water if it doesn't come together. Just bring it together with your finger tips then add in the choco chips finally and give a quick mix.
- Now the cookies dough is ready.Preheat oven to 180 deg C for 10mins. I used my 1/2 tsp measuring spoon to measure each ball to get uniform sized cookies.Meanwhile roll them using your palm and slightly flatten them - if you want more thinner cookies flatten them thin. I wanted a bit thicker so made it like this. Line a butter paper in the baking tray and arrange the cookies.
- Bake the cookies for 12-15mins. If its thinner keep an eye at 10mins itself. Mine took a little longer and got baked in 15mins.Turn over to check the browning at the backside as the fron view may mislead you to bake longer.Cool on wirerack then store in airtight container.
Serve with milk for snack time.
- The cookies spread only slightly so you need not worry about keeping them close.
- The number of cookies depends on the size and thickness of cookies.
- Do not be tempted to overbake, the cookies will become harder.So check the backside if you are not sure whether its baked.
- This cookie dough can be freezed, just cling wrap it and store in freezer.When you want the cookies, just leave it in room temperature for sometime and start shaping the cookies and baking them.
Labels: chocolate recipes, Eggless Cookies