Green Chutney is a must for all chaats, this green chutney can be made in advance and refrigerated upto a week and can be used for making sandwiches
and as a sidedish for samosas,kebabs and tikkis
.I have another version of green chutney
that I posted long back, I saw this version in a TV show so when I made grilled sandwich last week, I tried this version of green chutney and clicked it to post here.
Green Chutney Recipe - Ingredients
Preparation Time : 5 mins | Cooking Time : 5 mins | Serves : 2
Coriander Leaves - 3/4 cup
Mint Leaves - 1/2 cup
Green Chilli - 1
Lemon juice - 1 tsp
Ginger - 1/4 inch piece
Cumin Seeds - 1/4 tsp
Chat masala powder
Salt - to taste
Water - as required
Recipe Category: Sidedish | Recipe Cuisine: South Indian
- Clean mint leaves and coriander leaves.Rinse it well to remove dirt.In a mixer add mint leaves,coriander leaves,chat masala powder,garam masala powder,green chilli,ginger,jeera and required salt.
- Add lemon juice.Sprinkle little water and grind to a fine paste.Don't make the chutney too watery.
Serve kebabs, chaats and sandwiches.
- Adding lemon juice retains the nice fresh green color of the chutney.
- Use a clean spoon everytime.
- You can even add lemon juice after grinding the chutney.
- Replace cumin seeds with jeera powder.
Labels: Chat Items, Chutneys, Dips and Chutneys