Seviyan Kheer Recipe,Vermicelli Kheer - Ramzan / Ramadan Recipes

Seviyan Kheer Recipe

Seviyan Kheer is a special kheer made for Ramzan / Ramadan.It is almost similar to our vermicelli keer(semiya payasam) but slight variations in the making makes it all the more rich and creamy.I just made this kheer today and I am writing this post while I enjoy this kheer. :) It is advisable to use a thick bottomed pan for making this kheer, so I used my ultra pressure pan, am using it for almost everything now especially for its thick base which avoids sticking at the bottom :)

In past years I posted sheer korma,chicken biryani, nombu kanji, phirni etc.Check out other ramadan recipes in the top horizontal header.

Seviyan Kheer Recipe

Seviyan Kheer Recipe - Ingredients

Preparation Time : 15 mins | Cooking Time : 25 mins | Serves : 4
Recipe Category: Dessert | Recipe Cuisine: Indian

Vermicelli(thin variety) - 1 and 1/2 cups
Full Cream Milk(Boiled) - 3 cups
Ghee - 1.5 tbsp
Condensed Milk - 1 tbsp(I used homemade)
Cardamom powder - 1/2 heaped tsp
Sugar - 1/4 cup
Pistachios - 1/2 tbsp
Almonds - 1 tbsp chopped finely
Chiroli Nuts - 1 tsp

Method:

  1. I couldn't get fine vermicelli variety so used this seviyan vermicelli which was meant for payasam.Measure vermicelli and set aside.Heat ghee in a pan - I used my pressure pan for this.
    Seviyan Kheer Recipe - Step1
  2. Roast vermicelli in low flame till slightly golden.Then add 2 and 1/2 cups of milk.
    Seviyan Kheer Recipe - Step2
  3. Cook it until it becomes soft and slightly mushy, it may take 7-10mins.At this stage add condensed milk.
    Veg
  4. Then add sugar and give a quick mix.Add nuts, cardamom powder and mix well.Finally add reserved 1/2 cup milk and let it simmer for 5mins.Switch off
    Seviyan Kheer Recipe - Step4
Serve hot/ chilled.
Seviyan Kheer Recipe

My Notes:

Seviyan Kheer Recipe

Labels: