Aloo Tikki Chaat is very easy to make and its one of my favorites.Who hates chaats?! ;) Aloo Tikki can be used in many chaat recipes, I even love to have it as such with just sweet and green chutney hence this easy aloo tikki chaat idea.I made sweet and green chutney
last weekend and now enjoying the chaats :) Homemade chaats are always special as they are guiltfree and you can be well assured to serve for kids too.Mittu has just started relishing chaats and I am happy that she is loving homemade chaats as well.
I have already posted Aloo Tikki Recipe
and Aloo Tikki Dahi Chole Chaat
, but this one is a very easy and simple version.I also tried a easy version of sweet chutney which I will be posting by this weekend.
Aloo Tikki Chaat Recipe - Ingredients
Preparation Time : 15 mins | Cooking Time : 10 mins | Makes : 8 tikkis
Recipe Category: Snack | Recipe Cuisine: Indian
For Aloo Tikki :
Potato - 2 and 1/2 medium sized (comes to 1.5 cups after mashing)
Bread Crumbs - 1/3 cup
Red Chilli Powder - 1 tsp
Chat Masala powder - 1/4 tsp
Jeera powder - 1/2 tsp
Garam Masala powder - 1/2 tsp
Coriander Leaves - 1/2 tbsp finely chopped
Lemon Juice - 1 tsp
Cooking Oil - to toast
Salt - to taste
For Aloo Tikki Chaat:(Makes 2 plates)
Aloo Tikki - 4 (I used only 4)
Sweet Chutney - 2 tbsp
Green Chutney - 2 tbsp
Raw Onion - as needed
Red Chilli Powder - just a pinch
Chaat Masala powder - as needed
Plain Sev - 1/4 cup
Coriander Leaves - as needed
- Cut each potato into 2 halves and pressure cook for 4 whistles or until soft.Peel off the skin and mash it well without any lumps.Add red chilli powder,garam masala powder,cumin powder,chat masala powder,lemon juice,coriander leaves and required salt to the mashed potatoes.
- Mix well to form a smooth dough.Pinch a lemon sized ball and roll it well, then flatten them into round patties as shown below.
- Roll the patties in breadcrumbs so that it coats well on all sides.Now finish the batter by repeating the process.I just made 6 tikkis for click sake and reserved the batter for later use.
- Heat dosa pan - drizzle oil, add the aloo tikkis and toast well on both sides till they turn golden brown and slightly crisp.
- Take the tikkis in a serving plate, drizzle sweet chutney and green chutney.
- Sprinkle raw onion,sev , coriander leaves.Sprinkle a tiny pinch of chat masala powder.
- Coating them with breadcrumbs then toasting gives a crispy outer layer and soft inside.
- You can even add 1/4 cup boiled peas along with potato.
- I used my potato masher to mash the potatoes, if you don't have one then mash it well with a laddle.
- The dough should be tight enough to hold together, if the dough is watery / runny then your tikkis will break when you toast them.
- Alternatively you can deep fry them too.
- Flip over the tikkis gently while toasting them in tawa.
- I used my cast iron dosa tawa to toast, you can even use nonstick dosa tawa.
- You can even toast the tikkis in ghee.
- The quantity of chutneys,sev and other garnishes depends purely on ur preference.
Labels: Chat Items, Teatime snacks